News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by Hank, August 16, 2012, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on September 12, 2012, 03:13:54 PM
Yeti, Sport Faller, Ancient Mariner, Dr P.... geez... won't be the same w/out you guys.
Yeti, you should at least blast out and say "hi" and have a beer!

I will try my best to take you up on that offer! Saturday afternoon is looking pretty good right now.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Quote from: greatbuffalo on September 12, 2012, 05:49:53 PM
So Yeti, where do you live?

Rapid City, south side, close to the hospital.

Quote from: greatbuffalo on September 12, 2012, 05:49:53 PM
Will you be home tomorrow or will someone be there.

Nope, gotta work. But I can scoot out and meet you at my place whenever.

Quote from: greatbuffalo on September 12, 2012, 05:49:53 PMDo you have (stupid question time) the tools to do the swap at your place?

No, I do not. She's gonna need an oil change too...been over a year since the last. Only takes about a quart and a half though. Don't worry about the filter. Yamalube is what I usually use.

Quote from: greatbuffalo on September 12, 2012, 05:49:53 PMOr could it be trailered to the camp and swapped out there with some help from the other guys?

Best guess? I would say someone there (Hank) will have the tools & skills to change a rear tire. ;)

Quote from: greatbuffalo on September 12, 2012, 05:49:53 PMYeti, I'll send you a PM with my # and you can call me at your leisure and we can talk about it. Thanks
That bike would be a hoot!

I'll give you a call tomorrow morning.

Hank

I will have irons and a pump along, but changing a tubed tire trail/camp side should never be done voluntarily!     Bloody knuckled, tube pinching, cuss fest...   I imagine it has bead locks too, which really make for some fun.

Is there a dealer nearby?   Might be the best $25 ever spent.

That said you can sure use my stuff and I'll be happy to help.

greatbuffalo

I'll give Dave a call and see if we can do it at his place. if not, I think we can handle it at camp. Oil change is the only concern about where to put the oil. Dave knows WRs too.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

who is riding what Saturday? I may be able to make it up for the day (?) I will bring the 300 if someone wants to ride single track, otherwise the 990.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

The Yeti

Talked with Lonesome Dave this morning and he's coming over to pick up the WRR, get the tire changed, and get the oil changed. She'll be all ready for you Dan! Enjoy!!

He said the tire mount would only be about $15, I dunno about the oil change.

If you drop it, I don't mind any small scratches & dings you may give her, but if you break anything major it's on you, deal??  :)

JoniJo

Hey everyone...........
I'm in Rapid and will show up at Mountain Meadow on the XR650 about 9:00am. Is that early enough?
See 'ya tomorrow!!!    8)          JoniJo

I don't care who has this........... Cell phone...... 402-830-7906

Gonna miss you and the Mrs. Yeti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :'(

GB - I need the Xterra-Blance just for luck!   ;D
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

sdsmtengineer

Quote from: Fletch on September 13, 2012, 08:56:09 AM
who is riding what Saturday? I may be able to make it up for the day (?) I will bring the 300 if someone wants to ride single track, otherwise the 990.
Hey I'll be camping Friday night. I'm riding a WR250R and plan on hitting some single track...

anyone that has the same plan txt me to make arraignments.... Nick @402-641-3075

snooker

Won't make it this time but you all have fun now!

Dr Psyko

I'm having fun reading the posts but can't make it due to Fall reality. I even have to attend a "Gala" tonight (grind teeth). New Interns, students, etc. I did get out last week to the Chengwatana State Forest for some trail riding. Not bad, but lots of water. Didn't see anyone there all day with exception of some guy digging around the local garbage containers. Fall colors are starting.

Have a great time all!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.