New Singletrack in the Victoria Lake Area

Started by sam i am, August 20, 2012, 10:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam i am

I heard that the Forest Service will be adding about 18 miles of new singletrack around the Victoria Lake area to the 2013 MVUM.  I do a lot of mountain biking also (admittedly more than dirt biking) and lurk around on the local Black Hills mountain biking forums often.  There are about 30+ miles of mountain biking trails in the Vic Lake area that have been extensively maintained and ridden by the mountain biking crowd for a number of years now.  Recently some of the brown fiberglass "motorcycle-only" trail markers (and the pink ribbons found on a lot of the new motorcycle-only-singletrack) started popping up on a few of these trails (one of the new trails is marked TR6706).  This has the mountain biking crowd sort of uneasy and worried.  So I thought I'd just give the heads up to anybody who was planning to ride any of these new trails that you might have a few angry mountain bikers trying to throw sticks into your spokes.  Might be a good idea just to avoid the new singletrack all-together until things get worked out with the mountain bikers and the FS.

Sam.

Bogus Jim

We saw the motorcycle trail dozer in the Lake Victoria area (772.1?) today, as well as some pink ribbons that weren't there before. So I figured FS must be marking some new motorcycle single track. Thanks for the heads up on the multi-use situation Sam.

drdon

Have you seen the trails they put in behind Johnson's Siding.  Some of them are pretty Gnarly
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R

Fletch

Quote from: drdon on August 27, 2012, 03:44:18 PM
Have you seen the trails they put in behind Johnson's Siding.  Some of them are pretty Gnarly

been riding them the last few weekends, they are great!!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike