News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2012 WR450 with Dual Sport Kit

Started by Protondecay123, August 20, 2012, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Protondecay123

I was recently in the Black Hills for The Rally and was impressed with people riding tagged ATV's on the roads there. Arkansas decided in 2011 to require blinkers, brakelights etc. on motorcycles so I had to jump through some hoops and get this Tusk Enduro Lighting Kit installed by a buddy of mine. It's plated in Arkansas now however. The kit is pretty non-invasive. I like how the front blinker blend in with the hand guards.

Front View

Rear Quarter View

Front Blinker in the Handguards. I used the Barkbuster frame with the Tusk Plastic

I really like how the rear blinkers blend in and attach to the bike.

Other Front Blinker.

As far away as this is from the exhaust, this shouldn't burn off.

Control Switch cluster blends in real well.

The front light is pre wired for high and low beams. The tail light is wired as a brake light as well.

FMF Megabomb with Q4 can, Comp ECU. It's a totally different bike uncorked.

Mossy had never used the Tusk kit before, but he liked it alot especially the wiring harness.

Hank

That is a great looking WR.    The DS kit looks factory.   I wonder how long the front blinkers will last!

jacin theis

Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

Love, Love, Love. I was just looking at a stock one yesterday at the dealer, not seriously mind you, but a good hard look. It is an awesome machine. Got an invite to ride it on the track in a couple of weeks.  :evil :evil :evil
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Protondecay123

Quote from: Hank on August 21, 2012, 06:29:20 AM
That is a great looking WR.    The DS kit looks factory.   I wonder how long the front blinkers will last!

I've been wondering about those as well because we have a lot of trees down here. One thing though is that they are mounted on they backward slope under the aluminium frame, so hopefully that will provide some force deflection.

Quote from: greatbuffalo on August 21, 2012, 12:34:46 PM
Love, Love, Love. I was just looking at a stock one yesterday at the dealer, not seriously mind you, but a good hard look. It is an awesome machine. Got an invite to ride it on the track in a couple of weeks.  :evil :evil :evil

One thing I will say is that you definitely want to go with the comp package ( Race ECU, ECU  Tuner and Q4 can throttle screw removal). I'm not so sure you need the Megabomb as it doesn't look from the outside a whole lot different than the Megabomb.
My main man Mossy installed this for me and he said the throttle screw was set at about 75% or so. Even though Yamaha says it's for "Off-Road Use Only" ( and did that almost hose me with the DMV!) It's way lean on the bottom and the throttle response is okay, but I used to ride two smokes and with the comp package the throttle response is better.
  Have fun on the track!!