News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Local suspension work

Started by ryani, August 30, 2012, 08:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryani

Hi there I just recently joined the ranks of this great forum and was wondering where you guys get your suspension work done.

I purchased an 03 KLX300R and its in dire need of a revalve and a respring.  Just wondering if you guys could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Fletch

MX connection in Rapid does good work, If you are in MItchell talk to Scott at Palace motosports.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

ryani

Thanks for the info.  I'll have to talk Mr. Studer sometime. 

Fletch

I usually send my dirtbike stuff to enduro enginieering, they do a great job. I had Superplush do my 990 and was equally impressed. In my opinion suspension is the #1 upgrade for any bike. dollar for dollar nothing will improve your bike as much as proper springs/valving.

ryani

I will agree with 110% on the suspension.  I'm a firm believer in you can only go as fast as your suspension will let you.  All the power in the world is useless if you can't get your bike to go where you want.

I rode my 01 cr with stock suspension for 2 years before ponying up the cash for a woods/singletrack respring and revalve.  All I can say is WOW!

This new to me 300 will need great suspension because it has no power  compared to my last few bikes.  haha

Fletch

Check out the James Valley cycle club. In addition to street rides around Mitchell I believe they still ahve a spring and fall trail ride in the hills.

ryani

I tried to get a hold of Michael Koch as he has some great work in the past.  Does any body know if he's still in the business.

ryani

Well after searching the good old internet,  I am attempting a full suspension setup on my own.  The front is going to get resprung and revalved.  The  rear spring is suitable for my weight so the shock is going to get reshimmed using the stock valving.  I haven't attempt such an involved suspension project but there's only one way to learn right.

greatbuffalo

Need any help, let me know, I could always learn learn something new.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ryani

GB I'll have to take you up on that.  I'm going to hold off until  the snow files.  I hate to have the bike apart if a couple nice weekends arrive in october and november.  Thanks!