Main Menu

It's Official...

Started by The Yeti, September 22, 2008, 05:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

...I'm a pussy!!  :-\

Apparently, this bike is much more capable than I'll ever be...  :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGry7-gZkg&feature=related

I think if I had about a six pack in me, I'd be willing to try some of those moves!  :chug  Sober...NO WAY!! (Well, not today at least.)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

Wow that is impressive. You just need to conquer the fear factor because your KTM is more bike than the KLR could ever be without significant suspension and engine upgrades ;D

The Yeti

I think if I can get my suspension settings sorted out, I'll be much better off. The front is just soooo harsh right now...been doing some reading today (at work  ;D ) and have some different settings to try next weekend. Also, I've never properly set my sag on this bike, mostly because I don't really know how (although I've read how to online). maybe next time I get together with one of you guys, we could do that...?

fringefan

Give me a call when ever you want to and we can figure it out. Nothing a hammer, pipewrench, and liquid steel can't fix ;D

I picked up a large washer to weld onto the bottom of my kickstand. 

Hank

I remember watching that a few months before I got my nine fiddy thinking wow that thing really kicks ass off road.   Now I realize that rider really kicks ass off road!  It is damn impressive.

fringefan

I was thinking the same thing and then I noticed that he does not look all that big either.

LittleJacket

I think that guy would kick ass on any bike!  I was feeling pretty good about my riding after this weekend, but no more!  I'll just hang my head and keep on practicing!
rpjohnso

The Yeti

I think one of the most important things for riding like that is staying in shape, which I have not done!   :chug :chug :chug :eat :eat  Went for a little ride this afternoon and still felt sore from last weekend...

fringefan

I think it helps but confidence in you ability and the bike will help you out at this stage more than running a marathon.

LittleJacket

I am definitely out of shape and overweight!  I was really beat that last day and was riding like crap!  I even had a cramp in glutious maximus while hitting the big rocky hill!  I wonder if street riders get as tired?
rpjohnso

loingrader

street riders get as tired, it just takes a lot more miles to get there.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dustin

I agree I can ride alot more miles on the street than I can off road. Especially when it comes to riding those creek beds.  ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on September 26, 2008, 08:50:52 AM
street riders get as tired, it just takes a lot more miles to get there.

Well, my longest day on the street was 600 miles and I think I could do about 3 of those in a row and not be as tired as one day in the creekbeds!!  :o  I'd definitly be less sore...

loingrader

i've been pretty sore from some long days on the slab.  mostly monkey butt (vs sore upper body from the creekbeds).  long days on the slab seem more mentally exhausting vs physically exhausting on the dirt.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro