News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

anyone riding this weekend ?

Started by Dratharr, August 31, 2012, 01:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dratharr

I am camping in Custer, and plan on riding the next three days, I would love to have some company. I am riding mostly dirt, rode around nemo yesterday never did find eskerine cave,found the road but not the cave.
Thanks,Matt

Sportfaller

Think we are riding on Monday around Deerfield. See the who's riding thread

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Robmicgrn

I will be out and about tomorrow morning. Not sure where I am headed. I live near Nemo and will start in that area. I can get you to Erskine and Ice cave. Will probably do my usual run to Rochford and back at least. There is a new (to me anyway) single track in the Jim Bogus area I saw the other day off of Norris Peak I want to hit as well. No real agenda, just need to get out........
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Hank

Heading to Akeley...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

plumber mike

Orange and blue don't mix....unless it's on a 950ADV ;D

The orange affects the reliability of the blue :-X

Ride safe out there!

Dratharr

Quote from: Robmicgrn on August 31, 2012, 09:08:22 PM
I will be out and about tomorrow morning. Not sure where I am headed. I live near Nemo and will start in that area. I can get you to Erskine and Ice cave. Will probably do my usual run to Rochford and back at least. There is a new (to me anyway) single track in the Jim Bogus area I saw the other day off of Norris Peak I want to hit as well. No real agenda, just need to get out........
If you happen to not have left yet and want some company give me a ring, I have slept in a bit this morning!

308-249-6791

I happened across three new single track trails yesterday all over by Sheridan lake road, none are on the map, two of them were mentioned on here yesterday.

Matt

Dratharr

Quote from: Robmicgrn on August 31, 2012, 09:08:22 PM

Thanks for showing me around today I would have never found those caves on my own! I really enjoyed some of the history lessons as well!

Matt

tannerc

you wouldnt happen to have the gpd coords of the caves would you?
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Here's your info Tannerc;  (This is from another thread from last spring in "General Discussion" called "Erskine Cave"

Erskine Cave
Its on the east (generally speaking) of trail 8282.  Follow the ATV tracks just a rock's throw from the trail.  Its a hole in the ground.  A few years ago I found a couple of high school kids crawling out of it.  They left their ATV on top so I knew something was up, but then I heard them talking way down inside the ground.  Creepy, but you know why Robert, cause we aren't built for spelunking!
N 44 10.700
W 103 25.711
Don't fall in!  ;D

Ice Cave
Its east of Erskine cave about a mile.  Trails 8283 and 8284 will get you there.
N 44 11.361
W103 24.889

And if your in the area, you should check out "Shrine of the Black Hills" geocache.  See the above thread for info and pics
The shrine is at or near N 44° 09.094 W 103° 22.836
LD   8)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Dratharr

I am planning on riding today not sure where maybe around Silver City, I am kind of hesitant to ride some of the single track this trip the grass is dry and crunchy. There was a fire east of our campsite yesterday afternoon, the helicopters came in and dropped water on it and got it out.

tannerc

Silver city are has a couple of good single tracks, I think a couple of us are going to head that way today, after some cave finding. thanks for the info LD! will try to check out all 3 today. Getting a late start today, Johnson siding area left its mark with a bit of soreness..
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

tannerc

Found all three site last weekend, all worth while to check out especially Ice Cave

Erskin

Ice Cave

Shrine