News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Im back on a ds /new bike and haircut

Started by flexlarson, September 02, 2012, 10:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flexlarson

Hi guys
I sold the bmw and was just riding my ktm for awhile. I missed the fun of blasting down  the highway  and then pulling off the road and exploring. I Traded ktm plus 175 for 01 xr 650r   It has been converted to the crf 450 forks. Guy was into
Polishing it and making it faster. He had it dyno tuned and its putting out 45 uncorrected rear wheel horsepower. Whats funny is the guy said it was horrible offroad. He had every duspension setting screwed down to hard. I could not compress the shocks when i got on it. Shes nice and squishy now.   It has oversize wave rotors front and rear, fatbars, bark busters, new seat and  fmf pipe and Baja light kit. I added a skidplate , rear rack, shaved the seat, and dropped a tooth. Desert tank comin.

Here are some pics of my riding up in the  twin peaks plain crash area, around nederland , and east rollins pass via jenny creek trail last week. I put on some miles.

Video

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

flexlarson

Oh riding was  fun and jenny creek is challenging riding up creek. Views from rollins pass rock. Webster pass and those in that area are next on the list.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Thats a good looking BRP.    I rode one  a few weeks ago and loved it.    Stump pulling torque everywhere.     Nice to see you around again flex!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

plumber mike

That looks like fun. Snooker knows that area well and might be a good guy to ride with down there.

JoniJo

Very cool bike!
Good to see another XR650 in the group.
Thump.....thump......thump.........    8)    JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

mitchn06

can't go wrong with the 650r. that is for sure!!
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition