News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Flatland fun From Mitchell to Platte and back

Started by ryani, September 10, 2012, 08:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryani

Had a little fun on Sat.  Decided to put my recently street legal klx300 on a shake down run.

Took off from Mitchell on the gravel and headed southwest.  Hit many min maint roads along the way.

Pulled into Corsica for gas just to make sure I had enough gas for the rest of the trip and was pleasantly surprised that I could only squeeze in .9 gal!  I determined with some quick math, with fingers and toes, I was getting 50mpg. 

Leaving Corsica,  I took a road that lead into a game preserve, so a little back tracking and I was going west once more.

Made it in 1:40.  Had a great time

I filled up in Platte before I left knowing that I would need to fill up to make it to Mitchell and headed North first and then East.

Not much to see but it was a great day to be on the bike. 

Determined I need some suspension help.  The front end is HARSH!!  Other than that the little green machine performed great.  It was happy cruising along at 50 mph.  I'm ready to make that trip again.

Hope you all a great weekend
                                                    Ryan

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

greatbuffalo

Sounds like a good shakedown. We'll get out and ride together one of these days. Looking forward to the rally this weekend though.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

ryani

Ha ha sorry.  Even though I had my camera packed up I really didn't find anything that was photo worthy.  Lots of combines and cattle.

I'd love to head to the Hills for the rally but my vote for that plan got vetoed by the better half telling me that I will accompanying her to one of her relatives wedding.  You can plan on me being at the future rallies though.

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

I was thinking about your ride saturday as I tried out my recently street legal KDX200 on the highway.  The gps said I hit 60mph but 45 is probably going to be cruising speed.  That plus the premix means I won't be taking it on too many long road trips for sure, but I was happy with it.  Bike sure wasn't designed for the highway.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

ryani

Oh yes weddings.............sigh what more can I say.  I guess if the Mrs is happy then we're all happy right. haha

I know my 91 kdx200 that had a plate didn't get too far from town.  But it was sure fun killing the mosquitoes in the neighborhood!

When I had my CR, I took a container with a secure lid on it that had measuring increments on the side and marked out how much oil per 1/4 gal and then put it in my pack.  It worked for the emergency gas station refill.