News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Bucket list......

Started by JoniJo, September 04, 2012, 10:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

I need help and advice.
I really want to take a bike trip to Canada.
I've never been there and don't know a lot about routes and such.
The trip I imagine takes me to Banff, Glacier, and beyond. I want to see lakes, mountains and more lakes and mountains. The trip would run about 7-10 days.
I'll be riding my Valkyrie. I cant get Jeff to buy into the dual sport idea so I either leave him at home or stick to pavement.  ::)
We won't be camping. Maybe KOA's or "cheap" lodges, hotels, etc.
We'd probably be stopping often to get some Canadian "culture".
It will probably take place in early to mid summer 2013
Here's one idea........

http://www.hellobc.com/driving-routes/9/hot-springs-circle-route.aspx?FLID=3

Jump in anytime with your thoughts.

........and anyone is welcome to join us!!!!!!    ;D       

Hope to see y'all in about a 10 days!                  Thanks,    JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Wacked

That route looks like some premium touring.

I might be "in" with the Trophy if I can get the handlebars/riding position fixed over the winter.....  I have a hard time going over 200 miles a day with current positioning.

We'll have to talk more at DDSR

Wacked

Fletch

Been skiing in that area, Panorama. Not sure if they have lodging during the summer or not, but might be worth checking into. I love Canadians!! all seemed to be very friendly... Hope to get there on my bike one of these years as well.  Have fun!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

jacin theis

Glacier into Canadas Cranbrook, then up the iceFields Parkway to Jasper is awesome biking. Remember that even as late as early August,it is very cool at that elevation. Definatly doable with preperations. We drove it north to sounth and recomend souht to north as the lighting would be better for viewing and seeing wildlife (safer). I can show you the roads i have driven and ridden at the rally. I hope you do this. The best riding i have done is in Canda. The folks are friendly, little traffic, and lots of windy moutain roads along lakes. I can even map out the two ferry crossign we did. That was really fun.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS