One of my riding buddies made the paper

Started by Fletch, September 28, 2012, 02:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumber mike

When you hear "non-profit" you think of a good company trying to help others. However, I feel non-profit really means we "hide the profit" in wage increases and equipment we want. Heck, I could be a non profit plumbing company and most would think I'm a great guy, when in fact I run my company poorly and buy everything my heart desires leaving no profit for the government to tax. Sad really.

The more people that hear about this, the better chance he has of getting the help he needs.

Lonesome Dave

Yeh, I saw that this morning.  Wow, they didn't paint a very good pic of the "non-profit" company, Praire Hills transit.

From what I understand, he was a hell of a rider but not a good as you "Fletch"   ;)

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_babae50c-4477-11e0-8199-001cc4c03286.html
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 28, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
Yeh, I saw that this morning.  Wow, they didn't paint a very good pic of the "non-profit" company, Praire Hills transit.

From what I understand, he was a hell of a rider but not a good as you "Fletch"   ;)

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_babae50c-4477-11e0-8199-001cc4c03286.html

LOL... actually, I think he may have been a little faster most of the time.  He beat me in the indoor Enduro and I have a first place trophy from the hare scrambles where he an I teamed up in the 3 hour.. we always had fun first and foremost. We started riding together around 2000. Every thursday after work from Piedmont. It was one of those thursday night rides that ended his riding :(.  great guy and they pissed off the wrong person when they messed with his wife!! we'll get something figured out..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

It pisses me off when you see someone that doesn't throw in the towel and decides to continue with life with the rest of us. If you quite life and let someone else take care of you there are no barriers, but try to take care of yourself, you end up getting screwed.

The whole nonprofit thing can be a racket, I see it everyday in my business.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

I hear that Rapid Ride is selling some of their older units. Wonder how much it would take to buy one and give it to him. It would have to be modified for him to drive. Or maybe he could find someone who commutes that way to drive him. Just throwing out ideas....  The Walden ride we did that was a fundraiser is a great idea.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Lonesome Dave

I'm sure Fletch knows more, but I don't think he's capable of driving.  His mobility is very limited, just hands/fingers I think.  Your right Fletch, I think the public and opinion page will crucify that "non-profit" organization!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

he has some movement of his shoulders and elbows but that is it, and not much strength. he has a van, but needs a driver. He tried to get his driving OK at Craig hospital last year, but didn't make it.. we will see what happens...he struggles with everything yet has an amazingly positive outlook. seems everything has to be this difficult for some reason. It really gets me disgusted with the whole medical field, they rip off people because they have no other options. his $20k chair is kind of a POS and his $10k lift is something him and I could have put together for $1,500 max? just seems like everyone is out to make as much money as they can on someone elses bad luck...

jacin theis

I agree on the cost of medical equipment. My mom is wheelchair bound and we spend a lot of time looking for used lifts, ramps and things. She has been disables so long she is on Medicaid, so the stuff that she gets provided is usually the worst made on the market. It pisses me off to see ho many people need stuff and cant get it, while we all see the amount of abuse that happens by others who then complain about not getting more.  My mom always worries more about the other folks in her building, even buying groceries for a gal whose family seems to be taking her money.

I hope thing work out for you buddy Fletch! Guys like him make me feel like i really need to reflect on my attitude.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Fletch

Quote from: jacin theis on September 29, 2012, 09:03:08 AM

I hope thing work out for you buddy Fletch! Guys like him make me feel like i really need to reflect on my attitude.

you have no idea.. we are very similar personality wise so it really hit close to home. On the plus side I don't have bad days anymore ;)