News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Suspension Upgrade?

Started by The Yeti, October 24, 2012, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Finally got out on my 1200GS last weekend...man, I missed riding this summer....too much going on in my life.

Anyway, Im getting more and more confident with the big beast off-road, but think that a suspension upgrade would really do the trick. The front on that thing is just so harsh with the stock forks.

Anyone know somebody local that could re-spring/re-valve my front and rear? Or, should I order the parts in from one of the well known suspension wizards?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Fletch

I would check superplushsuspension.com  they are great and other the additional cost of shipping very reasonably priced. not to mention they do great work! Local you could check at MX connection, but not sure if he knows much about GS's??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Sportfaller

Talk to jacin, he did the full hyperpro on his. And remember the front forks are only dummies. The front has a coilover like the rear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

The Yeti

Quote from: Sportfaller on October 24, 2012, 07:37:33 PM
Talk to jacin, he did the full hyperpro on his. And remember the front forks are only dummies. The front has a coilover like the rear.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Huh? Might as well be talking greek....remember, I'm one of those guys, I don't do much work on my own bikes. ;)

EDIT: Oh...you must be talking about the tele-lever front. I've never adjusted it, I should look into that. Thanks!

The Yeti

Quote from: Fletch on October 24, 2012, 03:53:18 PM
I would check superplushsuspension.com  they are great and other the additional cost of shipping very reasonably priced. not to mention they do great work! Local you could check at MX connection, but not sure if he knows much about GS's??

From what I can tell, Super Plush only does KTMs.  :(

Fletch

Quote from: The Yeti on October 26, 2012, 12:14:11 PM
Quote from: Fletch on October 24, 2012, 03:53:18 PM

From what I can tell, Super Plush only does KTMs.  :(

bummer.. they did my 990 and my CBR and they both work great. Once you ride a bike with decent suspension setup you will never go back to stock.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike