News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Wanted: beginner bike

Started by liverup, October 27, 2012, 04:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Mike, Dave had a Honda 50 last year that I contemplated buying but didn't. Not sure if he still has it. Great little bike.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

plumber mike

I'll look him up. I think I still have his number in my phone.

Thanks for the lead. If I find one, you can ride it 8)

greatbuffalo

I was looking at it with my grandkids in mind but it's gonna be a bit for them.

My 20 year old did ride it. I hauled his skinny backside.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

plumber mike

Thanks for the link. I'm holding out for something a little closer, as traveling to rapid is even rare these days. I'd imagine holding off that long if nothing else comes up, it will be gone, but oh well.

....plus we still have snow on the ground, so I've got a few weeks.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: plumber mike on May 05, 2014, 08:46:41 AM
....plus we still have snow on the ground

a lot more than I realized... riding from Newcastle to Deerfield Saturday took 3 hours to go 15 miles because of all the blocked trails. Finally gave up and took pavement home. Probably coulda made it if I had a 1190 though.

Robmicgrn

[/quote]

a lot more than I realized... riding from Newcastle to Deerfield Saturday took 3 hours to go 15 miles because of all the blocked trails. Finally gave up and took pavement home. Probably coulda made it if I had a 1190 though.
[/quote]

I am headed to Dillon Brothers in Omaha this week, and I will have room on the trailer for an 1190. Just call them up and sort out the paperwork!   :)
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 05, 2014, 10:30:12 AM
Quote from: plumber mike on May 05, 2014, 08:46:41 AM
....plus we still have snow on the ground

I should have posted a couple weeks ago.  On Easter Sunday, Elisa and I drove the Jeep up through Red Bird Canyon.  Hadn't been though there since the big crash at the summer rally two years ago (crash site is still there!).  Eventually we made our way over to 117/Boyes Canyon Rd.  By the time we reached 6 mile Rd and 117, there was snow every where and still pretty deep.  Six mile was open, but I later found out they had just plowed it the week before for some logging.  At 6 mile and Ditch Creek the road was closed to the north (towards the camp ground).  And all the roads around there were sloppy.   By the time we made it to the east end of Six mile at Medicine Mnt Rd. the snow was pretty much gone. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Hey Mike, found this on CL today.  Price a bit high ($800), but at 700 would not be too bad.  Good deal at 600.

http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mcy/4476436490.html
Older - Wiser - Faster !