News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Hank, December 27, 2012, 06:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Cara has a WR250F and I have the 450F.. both great bikes.    The 450, when completely uncorked, just rips.  I absolutely love it!!

loingrader

Thinking a little more about this rally... 

I've got bambino number 3 due end of May so I may just bring my then 2 year old and 3 year old out and we can tootle around on the 4 wheeler and at least take in the end of day storytelling around the campfire (or lantern if its another dry year).
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Wow, Brett, congrats. I'm sooooo glad those days are over, but when they get older, they seem to take ownership of your bikes.

At least the grandchildren can go back to where they came from.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

JoniJo

Four wheeler.....who said for wheeler?
Four wheeler? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........  JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

loingrader

Quote from: JoniJo on January 08, 2013, 02:09:06 PM
Four wheeler.....who said for wheeler?

i'm not going to call it a QUAD because i don't want to be associated with the few dumb folks who like to make big mud bogs and tear up trails on their four wheelers and big ol side by sides.  and i may just hit trails in the suv so i don't attract the scorn of any extra cautious folks who say my children have no place on a four wheeler at their age.  honestly, once i'm off my own land, with the potential for anything or anyone flying around the next corner, they may be right!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

No matter who you have with you or what you choose to do while your there is of no concern of mine. As part of our great group, it would just be nice you have you there. I think we're a flexible bunch. I spent a day with my wife out the trail in my Xterra last spring. She's not much of an offroader though. :o

I do agree that riding with little ones on open trails may be a little sketchy.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

dufferv65

I'll have to pencil this in...
Hank,
how do you like your new blue motorbike?  Heck, I better watch out now that Cara has got one,  she'll prolly be passing me up!!  ;D
Look forward to go riding with you guys again!

Hank

Hey Duffer.. that'd be great if you come.   Lance and Sheri are planning it too.   Now where are Clay and Andrea?

I like the blue monster real well!

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on January 15, 2013, 10:05:53 AM
Now where are Clay and Andrea?

I'm lurking..
Right now I'm scheduled to work that weekend. I am currently trying to figure out a way to do some wheeling and dealing shift swapping to get that weekend off.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

toadl

Reading this thread is only going to lead to one thing.
I'm usually wrong

Hank

Putting in a vacation request?

tannerc

I'm in.. got the shift swapped!  8)
good to go...
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Great!    I'll start an official sign up thread in a month or so, both here and on ADVrider.

jakhack

My son and I were both interested in riding some of the trails and gravel roads in the Black Hills area and were wondering if this ride might work for us.  We both ride KLR650s, but I have a sidecar on mine.  I am 67 and have a bad knee so the sidecar permits me to continue riding.  But this means I am limited to gravel and two track roads.  Anything too technical or rocky would not work so I wondered if there would be options for more moderate riding.  But I would not want to slow anyone down or be a burden.

For the record my sidecar is not an enduro model, but rather a Velorex 562 which is a light sidecar suitable for light off road travel.  It works well for passengers, camping gear, carrying the dog,  or a cooler and ice for the refreshments!!. 

Some comments or suggestions on this would be very helpful. 
.....Jakhack

Lonesome Dave

Welcome, you should go to the new member introduction page tells us a little about your self.
Now for question, oh hell yea!  There's usually some that do single track.  Some that do gravel and trail, and some that do 2 up.
We call them the "Love Boat" rides!  And there is always lots of help with info and from the group on what you may want to see or do.  Not sure where your from, but all who show up for the rally are always happy when they leave.   
Older - Wiser - Faster !