News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Hank, December 27, 2012, 06:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakhack

Ok, I will put this one on my  calendar.  And I hail from  Brainerd, in the center  of Minnesota.  But I will go back and do a proper introduction, as  you suggest.  Thanks for the info.
.....Jakhack

gerry1eye

Loingrader,
This video got me thinks about you and your gang.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yV4YPM6Ojs
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

loingrader

I've only jumped at pactola in the hills which isn't that high.  But every summer we spend a week at Table Rock Lake in southern Missouri.  There is a place we visit every year to cliff jump called party cove.  During dry years there is a spot  that's pretty high but I don't think its 90 feet.  That is a ways up!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Douglas911

I would consider coming up and showing the http://FarkleBar.com again if you would like.  Also I could talk to Cycle Hutt and Sturgis BMW, etc. to see if we could get them to make an appearance or do something special for the rally.  Let me know if you would like me to approach them about it.

Thanks,

Douglas Shonley
FarkleBar.com
Douglas Shonley
Shonley Enterprises
(605)347-5006
www.FarkleBar.com

greatbuffalo

Folks that can show stuff off are always welcomed, the only problem is that there is never any schedule. I think at some point there needs to be some kind of schedule if we want people to come out and show off there goods. Really enjoyed chatting with you last spring, Doug.

I think the best way to do it to do something in the morning or the late afternoon and those that want to hang around can do so. I'd like to see more of this happen. What kinds of activities do you have in mind Doug?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

You are definitely more than welcome.  If you would  like to have an official scheduled time for something, by all means let us know and we'll post it in the (soon to be posted) official sign up thread.

Douglas911

I will think it over and let you know.  I bet we can come up with something interesting.

Douglas
Douglas Shonley
Shonley Enterprises
(605)347-5006
www.FarkleBar.com

greatbuffalo

The Yeti

Thanks for taking the reins on this this time around, Hank! I appreciate it.

I know I haven't been on the forum much lately - too much going on in life, y'know. ;)

Mrs. Yeti and I will be at the June rally for sure, bringing the usual chili.  :eat  Just waiting on the official sign up thread.

Unsure as to which bike I'll be bringing - been tossing around the idea of selling the WRR and just riding my GS from now on to keep me out of the scary stuff.  :P
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Hey stranger!   Glad to hear you and Mrs. Yeti will make it again.
I am hoping to get some sort of official sign up thread in place this weekend.    It might not be as pretty as the ones you did, but I'll give it a go!

Lonesome Dave

Oh my gosh, is it really you!  ;D Welcome back.  Just in case you missed it, we're getting together this Sat @ 0900 am at Windmill/Marlins for breakfast.
LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

The elusive Yeti makes another appearance, I was beginning to wonder if they were even real.

Can't wait to ride with all of you guys.

grubbie

Just waiting for the sign up thread, me and the Mrs. are in. If there is anyone who is interested in coming along, I usually take her for a nice easy gravel road site seeing ride for at least a half day. She is not a speed demon by any means, so a good ride for beginners, probably boring for anyone else.

revmaaatin

Quote from: BogusJim on December 29, 2012, 12:13:38 PM
I hope NDave is going to come, I still owe him some gas money from the fall rally.   ;)

cough.
I don't know about NDave...I also loaned a thirsty Suzie rider gas as well. smile. (and you know who you are! shrug.)
It was right after psyco's brother launched his KLR off the trail and it took 10 Suzie riders to put it back on the trail again.
Yeah, the KLR...
It may be a pig with lipstick but it does have 'volume' for gas.

Looking forward to riding with you guys again.
I have two brothers scheduled/coming to ride as well!

We will be riding/leading rides M-W out of Sturgis prior to the DDSR.

revmaaatin.

Bogus Jim

My first ride with NDave, he told me about his Oklahoma credit card. I laughed but now I carry one on the WRR too. Don't leave home without it.  ;D