News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Breakfast / Lunch get-together?

Started by Lonesome Dave, January 05, 2013, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Hey its time again.  Second Saturday of the month.  Breakfast at Marlin's / Windmill at 9:00 am (exit 55).  I hope more show up than last month.  Robert and I looked silly setting at a table of 6 with no one else!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

Lonesome -

Won't be able to make it this round.  Just got back last night.  Flew in from Vegas.  PegLeg will trailer the bikes back after some family time in CA.

Wacked

Lonesome Dave

We talked about you today....all want to hear all about it..
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

I'll have to collect my thoughts and figure how to down load images this next week.

Was a great time with all the elements that make a great adventure - great scenery, crazy blondes, and dirt naps!

Wacked

Lonesome Dave

Hey its time again.  Second Saturday of the month.  Breakfast at Marlin's / Windmill at 9:00 am (exit 55).  I know Christmas is a busy time of year.  Checking to make sure someone will show besides me!  Wacked and Pegleg, hope to see you there.....want to hear all about the trip.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

the girls and I are hoping to be at terry peak at 9:00 but if we are running late (odds are good) we will stop for breakfast on the way.

Wacked

Lonesome Dave

Its time again.  Second Saturday of the month.  Breakfast at Marlin's / Windmill at 9:00 am (exit 55).  Anybody coming????????????

Bogus Jim......where are you.  You haven't posted a thing since November 30th, and you haven't been at the last two breakfasts.  Its not like you, NOT to pick on me for something!   :)   LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on January 08, 2014, 09:10:49 PM
Its not like you, NOT to pick on me for something! 

If I am not picking on you enough, maybe GreatBuffalo can pick up the slack?

Won't make it this Saturday, maybe Feb. or March

Fletch

I can make it. I may even show up on a new, already crashed 1190 Adventure R :-\

Bogus Jim

Hank

Fletch

not really a crash, but...brought the new 1190 home and dropped it off the trailer.

ya, I'm an idiot.. and karma is apparently fairly instant. rolled it out the front door of the dealer, there is a pretty good hill so I put my left foot on the left peg, started rolling and swung my other leg over. rolled down the hill and onto the trailer. Had it half tied down by the time the sales guy got there:

"you must of done that before"
" a few times"

drive home feeling all studly and superior to the typical bike loader, back the trailer up to the garage. take tiedowns off and let it sit on the side stand. release trailer tilt lock and hop on, start rolling back and a combination forgetting to put the sidestand up and it catching on the end of the trailer and my foot being on ice it tipped over and landed on the side of the trailer. after a uttering every cuss word I know (some of them twice) I righted it and rolled it into the garage. fortunately it only made contact with the trailer rail in a couple places. the side fariing piece is broken ($308) and the end cap on the exhaust is scratched.

feel free to laugh, everyone else has.

anyhow, here it is:
the good side:

the bad:

new parts are not available yet so I will have to duct tape it for the first couple rides :rolleyes:

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on January 09, 2014, 11:16:22 AM
Quote from: Fletch on January 09, 2014, 10:05:21 AM
I can make it. I may even show up on a new, already crashed 1190 Adventure R :-\

Hmmm... this bike sure looks familiar?

http://www.ricehondasuzuki.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=7281131E-02X1K9K2014J11I11I50JAMQ1432R0&veh=235316&pov=3559888

it is, how shall we say... experienced :)

it's in good shape and freshly serviced in case anyone is in the market for one.