News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Breakfast / Lunch get-together?

Started by Lonesome Dave, January 05, 2013, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Hey, I just realized this Saturday is already the second Sat of the month.  Seems a bit early, but last Sat was on the 1st.  Anyway, I'm planning for breakfast at Marlin's Restaurant, exit 55 (Windmill Truck Stop) at 9 am.  Anybody going to be there?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

woodsrider 53 RCSD

I am planning on coming if its not to cold I will ride there.

Black Hawk

Going to be late  ;D see you in May.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Black Hawk SD in the summer
Yuma AZ in the winter

KLE650 for the Black Hills

Bogus Jim

Bad news Dave. Rapid City Journal today says there's a shortage of hamburger steak in South Dakota. I called Marlins and they're all out.

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Hey everyone, or at least Black Hills guys/gals.  This Saturday, December 13th, is breakfast at Marlin's at 9 am.  And don't forget, Dale Baity author of both Ghost Town Maps and Ghost Mine Maps will be there. http://www.amazon.com/Dale-Baity/e/B00J9V3GH0
Dale is going to join us for a visit and to answer any questions.  Should be fun and we might learn something!

If you missed the "Black Hills Ghost Towns & Maps" post, here it is; 
http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

greatbuffalo

Wish I could be there. Hope you guys at least buy this guy his meal. If not, I will.  :D

It really is cool that you made that connection, Dave, and hopefully will be a resource for the group in the future. That is if you guys don't scare him away on saturday.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on December 09, 2014, 11:18:02 PM
That is if you guys don't scare him away on saturday.

that is always a possibility with this group...

Lonesome Dave

Well today's breakfast went pretty well.  Furthest traveled was Grubbie and Heidi from WY.  Dale seemed to have a good time and certainly loves talking about Black Hills history.  I got a kick out of Mrs Wacked (Sue), she would stop him every time she didn't understand a mining term he may have used.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't understand either.  And best of all, no one scared him off. 

Today wasn't suppose to be some sort of vendor demonstration/sales meeting, but I was surprised how many books and/or software were sold today.  I think Dale was too.  If fact he's putting a special copy of software together for Grubbie so he can have the WY section also.  In the future, if anyone's interested in buying Dale's software, books, or book CDs let me know and I can either help or get you in contact with him.  He sells his items cheaper directly, than on Amazon. 

It's possible that we could get Dale to show up at say the summer rally for a evening if people were interested. 

Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

Sweet!
Now we just got to get him interested in a bike, get some tours going! hehehe!
I will be in contact with you LD, the next time I get out to Rapid i would like to get a set of the books/software.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: tannerc on December 13, 2014, 08:42:37 PM
Sweet!
Now we just got to get him interested in a bike, get some tours going! hehehe!

I thought the same thing!

Just let me know when.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Cool! Glad he was, and felt, well received. would love to see him come out for Spring rally to sell his wares and give a talk on the history of the Hills and the mining. I'll be interested in some of his stuff. I'll give you a call one of these days, Dave.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Hey, its Breakfast time again this Saturday morning 1-10-15.  Don't forget.....Marlin's Restaurant (Windmill Truck Stop, Exit 55) at 0900 hours.
Older - Wiser - Faster !