News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Breakfast / Lunch get-together?

Started by Lonesome Dave, January 05, 2013, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I've been thinking about this for awhile and wanted to see if there was any interest.  In short, having a weekly, monthly, or whenever meeting at a restaurant, coffee shop, or bar?  I'm mainly thinking of the Black Hills guys, just because there are more of us located here.  But this could work in other areas as well.

Just before Christmas, Bogus Jim and I met for lunch, just to catch up.  Jim admitted to finally ending his 13 month long "no wrecks" streak earlier this fall.  I had no idea it had been that long, I would thrown sticks at his spokes at the Fall Rally!  :o  Anyway, I'm not trying to make some sort of club meeting, I just enjoy seeing everyone and hearing what they're up to.  Having a get-together once a week seems a little too often.  Maybe once a month, on the first or second
Sat or Sun of the month.  I assume that a weekend dates would be better than weekday evenings.   I think the "Beamer" boys do something like this on Sundays at Pauly's.  Any thoughts?

If there's no interest, that's okay too, Jim and I will still meet every once in awhile and talk about WRs and how great they are!   LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Sounds good to me, you will need a KTM guy to keep the WR talk in line anyway ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

I'd love to come, but distance probably prohibits.    In the perfect world a KLR lover would show up so we could argue DRZ vs KLR  ;D

I'm just kidding about the arguing.  We might bring the fam out skiing one time this year.. maybe I can see some of you guys then.

Bogus Jim

As long as we're getting together, do you guys want to borrow some riding videos? I have:

Dual Sport Riding (neduro)
Advanced Dual Sport Riding (neduro)
Shane Watts Dirtwise Vol. 1
Nathan Woods Offroad
Across the Dirt
Dust to Glory
On Any Sunday (Director's edition)
Steve Hatch Vols. 1-8
Dark Knight Trilogy (there's a motorcycle of sorts, so these qualify as riding videos  ;D )

Let me know what you have...

Lonesome Dave

Hey Jim, I still have one of your videos, does that count?  I would be willing to trade that for another!   ;D
Older - Wiser - Faster !

jacin theis

I would be in too. Since there hasn't been a lot of riding for me, maybe talking about it would fill in... If its ok there an odd BMW guy there.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Lonesome DaveHey Jim, I still have one of your videos, does that count?

Well I was hoping you had something I haven't seen before but yeah we can trade videos. Let me know what you want, I'll throw a couple Advil inside the case this time.  ;D

Quote from: jacin theisIf its ok there an odd BMW guy there

You should come, I'd like to hear about your trip to Iceland.

Sportfaller

I'd be in as well. I like good BS and poor food/drink!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

Dang, wish i were closer....... Still can't talk my wife into moving to the Hills.

I wonder how she would handle a long distance relationship  :o :o ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

greatbuffalo

I may be talked into making a trip out there for a later February get together. I'm bound right now to vacation the end of the month in Vail and Aspen. I coupl find a weekend in Feb to ski Terry Peak and hang with the DSSRs. Anyone be up for some skiing?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on January 07, 2013, 11:06:21 AM
I may be talked into making a trip out there for a later February get together. I'm bound right now to vacation the end of the month in Vail and Aspen. I coupl find a weekend in Feb to ski Terry Peak and hang with the DSSRs. Anyone be up for some skiing?

I'll go! went sat. and they really need snow, but still a good time...

greatbuffalo

I understand they got o gift of 15 inches the other day but still much more is needed.

Lonesome Dave

So everyone, (at least who's interested) do you wanna try this weekend for a breakfast or lunch.  I was thinking the Windmill (I guess they call it "Marlin's" now) truck stop for Breakfast at 9:00 am on Saturday.  I'm fine with Sunday too.  Input?  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

saturday or sunday is fine with me..