News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New Ride!

Started by Lonesome Dave, March 05, 2013, 09:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I've been kinda busy on Craigslist lately.  Some of you may remember I bought a couple of bikes a few weeks ago.  Well, after looking at the Xt225 more, I decided to cut my losses and get rid of it.  It was more than I wanted to deal with.  Lost a hundred bucks and sent it down the road.  At the same time I bought this nice little "74" Honda CT90.  Cute as can be, fun to ride, and then Loingrader wants to sell his Givi bags.  You're right, there's a trade in there somewhere.  Now I'm going to have my bags and Bret & family will have a "new to them" CT90.  Bret and I "seal the deal" on Friday.

Meanwhile, between weekends, I find on Craigslist an old "87" TW.  I leave RC in the middle of a mild blizzard to Hot Springs to check it out.  He wanted too much for its condition, but eventually we traded a farm implement and couple of other things, (none of which I had any money in) and some cash and the TW came home with me a week later.  This is now my project.  See the Garage thread.

So on Sat. morning, the day after selling the orange CT90 to Bret, I found another CT90 on Craigslist.  What are the chances?  This time its a 1971 and has 566 miles.  Oh man.  I emailed and said, "I'll take it."  They called a few minutes later.  I'm on my way. 

It looks brand new.  Cleaned the carb, new battery, some cleaning and now it has 571 miles.  Elisa likes riding it. 

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.  Keep it, sell it on ADV Rider, or trade it to a friend for his late 90s KX250 with only a few hours on it.

We shall see.....     LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

That's a great find.   It does look really nice!  566 miles?   Thats hard to imagine... 13.8 miles per year.   

I'd buy one of those in a second!   Your TW looks pretty good too.

tannerc

Awesome! Could of had a his and hers?
Those are just to cool.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."