News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Saturday Scouting Trip

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 03, 2013, 12:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

We decided at last Saturday's breakfast we would meet for breakfast again this Sat, June 8th.  The plan was to meet at Nemo Guest Ranch for breakfast and take off scouting for the rally from there.  Fletch and Bogus Jim wanted to meet there so it was closer to Piedmont.  Fletch and Jim are planning some single track.  Fletch is going to be leading Jim, and Jim will be remembering all of it!  Then Jim will lead.

I and others (not sure who yet) will probably go other places in hopes of planning some routes that are new and exciting, and hopefully they might connect!

We didn't talk about what time to start, I think we started talking about Great Buffalo, and when that subject was over, we were all tired and left! 

Soooooo, "you guys" lets decide what time.  I thought maybe 8:30 to 9:00 at Nemo.  I really don't care later is good for me too.

Hank, I started this here, but not sure if you just want to leave it or put it in the planning area.  Up to you.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Doesn't matter to me, Nemo is only a few minutes from Piedmont so 8:30-9:00 is perfect for me.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Robmicgrn

As of today, right now, I am in (subject to change). Nemo at 8:30-9 is good for me as well. Which direction were you thinking of heading? I did some running around on Sunday, so I kinda of know where I "don't" want to go................ :-\ I am all for logging, but boy can they trash a place......
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

I found a license plate for Fletch's KTM 300.

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on June 03, 2013, 01:48:31 PM

LOL.... we don't know that yet... looking forward to Thursday, I think you will enjoy it :)

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Bogus Jim on June 03, 2013, 01:48:31 PM

Been there, done that!
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Hello, I like Fletches new license plate,been there myself. I am hoping to be able to meet up with you guys Saturday but first i have to go to pillen optical pick up some glasses they open at eight I will head to Nemo as soon as i can get out of there. Looking forward to a good ride with you guys.

greatbuffalo

Have a good ride guys. Love the plate. One of the weekends during the summer I need to get there alone and ride some single track with you idiots. Been wanting to but when I'm out for rally, I got the rest of the fam and don't feel right abandoning them.

Thanks for doing some planning for the rest of us. We really appreciate it. :cheers
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Well, only Robmicgrn and I were able meet at Nemo Guest Ranch on Sat. morning for breakfast.  From there we took off for parts unknown!  175 miles later, we were tired.  We eventually made it up to Cement Ridge and West from there.  Near Cement Ridge, we ended up in the middle of a bicycle race.  No we didn't compete, I still would have lost.  But there were a bunch of bicycles all over.  We basically were going the opposite direction of the racers.  Everyone was nice, except one idiot (one of the leaders) who thought us motorcyclists should yield to him and travel on the Left side of the road instead of the right.  I was called an "ass...." for not moving to the left.  But my buddy and protector, Robert, who was riding behind me, gave him a shower of mud and dirt just because he could! 

We eventually made it to Cement Ridge which was one of the check points for the race.  After telling them about the one and only idiot, they offered Beer.  Problem solved.

We left west bound and into Pole Canyon, Wagon Canyon, Rattlesnake Canyon, and Grand Canyon.  Eventually made it to "Trails Head" (I think) on Hwy 85.  From there to Crooks Tower, Black Fox, and Minnesota Ridge.  It was a muddy day.  The area was hit hard the night before from a thunderstorm, with lots of washouts.  Kinda made a sloppy day up there. 

We put some ideas together and sort of have a basic plan.  First travel the route in the opposite direction, ending near Cement Ridge when everyone is tired. 

Oh yea, almost forgot, earlier in the day, Robert took the heat from the over zealous campground police.  We rode into the Hanna Campground too fast.  Robert said sorry, but explained, he was only following me. 

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Sorry I missed you at Nemo, I got there late as by brother and nephew were out from Huron. My nephew is 9 and a little on the lippy side so I jumped at the chance to take him on his first trail ride! He did far better than I expected. we rode 50 miles of mostly single track and he never got mad or discouraged, at the end though he had to admit that the old guys were tougher than he was. Had a great time and he already wants to come back ;D

this was at the Piedmont lot, he just layed in the gravel for about 15 minutes when we got back so I couldn't help but take advantage of it..

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Sorry I missed the ride could not get out of town
town till later.