News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Follow up

Started by Hank, June 24, 2013, 07:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORedenbacher

Quote from: Dr Psyko on June 26, 2013, 04:35:02 PM
An official Thank You to Lonesome Dave, scouting the ride, cheering us along, posting the pictures, really appreciate the efforts!!!

I'll second that.  And another thank you to Lonesome Lisa for the best chili on the planet!

Osnabrock

What a great time.  Thanks everybody.  It sure was nice to have a few nights where the food was taken care of.  Hopefully I can reciprocate some time.
The guy on the 650 trials bike was Kyle.  Well done. 
The trip through camp 5 was a good one with some old faces, Austin (Excess) and some relatively new faces to riding at the rally......Cara. Great job.
While no evidence exists of it, I accomplished a few goals while I was out.  One was to properly "dual sport" the GAS GAS and the other goal was to climb one of the hills that I wasn't able to make it up in the past.
Thanks all.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

The Yeti

Quote from: ORedenbacher on June 26, 2013, 05:12:22 PM
Quote from: Dr Psyko on June 26, 2013, 04:35:02 PM
An official Thank You to Lonesome Dave, scouting the ride, cheering us along, posting the pictures, really appreciate the efforts!!!

I'll second that.  And another thank you to Lonesome Lisa for the best chili on the planet!

Hey! I take that personally!

J/K, I'm sure Lisa's chili was great, but mine ain't no slouch either.  :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

;D  No worries there Yeti, your chili is indeed top notch also.   Maybe next year we can have a chili cook off.

greatbuffalo

The gauntlet has been thrown! The First Annual DDSR Chili Cookoff, or Dutch Oven for those of us who don't do Chili.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

September's better for chili anyways - it's ON!  :)

Bogus Jim

Quote from: The Yeti on June 27, 2013, 10:00:04 PM
September's better for chili anyways - it's ON!  :)

Here's my entry... I like to cook, there's only one problem, I suck at it.

I've tasted Yeti's chili, I don't wanna start a feud or anything, but it's good, better bring your A game if you want to beat him.

rokklym

Who had the long travel TransAlp? That was pretty cool!

Lonesome Dave

Its Wacked's and its For Sale.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

The Yeti

Quote from: Bogus Jim on June 27, 2013, 10:25:13 PM
I've tasted Yeti's chili, I don't wanna start a feud or anything, but it's good, better bring your A game if you want to beat him.

Aww shucks, thanks Jim!

If we do have a cook-off, at least we would be certain to have enough chili for more folks! The last time I brought mine (June 2012) I ran out rather quickly. With these rallies growing in attendance, it's hard to keep up any more.

rokklym

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 28, 2013, 09:37:30 AM
Its Wacked's and its For Sale.

Is there an ad posted for it?

ORedenbacher

I do recall Yeti's chili as divine too!  But if it sparks a cookoff and we eat chili all weekend next rally...perfect!   Should we bring up the best rider on the planet?  >:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The Yeti

Quote from: ORedenbacher on June 28, 2013, 04:06:20 PM
Should we bring up the best rider on the planet?  >:D

And that would be...?

Lonesome Dave

I know who's got the best attitude and heart.  Cara, oh sorry, Oredenbacher.  I know she had an intercom going with Hank, and she might have been cussing him a bunch on that, but all I ever saw was a smile.  I'm talking about the Sunday morning Camp 5 ride.  Shortly after getting started, and into the dense trees, the trail dropped down a steep hillside.  It was muddy and slippery on one side and rocky on the other side.  As far as I know, everyone left us to get down the hill by ourselves.  It was steep, slippery, and off chamber.  Every time she touched the rear brake, it would start to slide sideways.  I watch and wanted to help, but wasn't sure how I would even get off my bike unless I just fell off.   She made it down slowly and continued on.  We decided we would let the "yahoos" go on by themselves and eventually we would leave another way.  By the time we got to the spot where we could turn and get out of there, she was ready to continue, but "no more steep hills."  We made it out safely and actually had a good time.  I'm sure both our confidence levels are the better for it.  But, I still don't know what was said on the intercom!  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ORedenbacher

I'm always quite thankful for folks putting up with learner me along on the ride.  Just happy to get to come along.  A belated thank you to those who got all the gates - ie osnabrock.  I'll probably only freak on the intercoms if Hank takes me & my "new to me" Tiger - "big beast to me" -down min maint roads again.  Took me a week to end those flashbacks.  :'(  Only focused on wrestling the WR upright down the greasy slope - and blocking out visions of how meeting the dirt would go.  Pretty sure my right foot wasn't cooperating about letting up more on the brake like the gray matter was wanting.  Next time, I'll take the rock instead like we chatted about.  Won't forget the sweet old lady at the campground while we were gearing up to leave on Sunday- only six words for Hank & I.  Be careful.  Be careful.  Be careful.  She said it kind of like a threat! ::)  A very fun get together despite the less than perfect wx.  Happy to see Akfalla again.  Hope more spouses/gf's can join in in the rallies ahead. 

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2