News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Follow up

Started by Hank, June 24, 2013, 07:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I really didn't catch much flak through the intercomm at all!   Just the occasional "I can't believe you thought I'd like this" to which I'd reply "I didn't say you'd like it I just thought you could handle it.". :)

I'm quite proud she got through it! 

Now the minimum maint road with rocks, water, and slimy hills with her on her Tiger might be a different story >:D   But we survived that too and it was fun!!

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

jakhack

I have some photos to post, but tried and was not successful.  I looked for photo posting instructions on the forum but could not find any.  So any help would be appreciated.

I was also wondering if the preview mode showed the actual photos or just a photo icon.  Maybe I did it correctly, but just don't know it. I would rather use my Dropbox photos, but could copy them to Photobucket if that would make it easier.

Thanks...........Jakhack
.....Jakhack

Hank

Hi.   Photobucket is your best bet:

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

Photobucket has changed their interface quite a bit since I made those instructions, but the idea is still the same.   There is a "get links" (I think) button and you copy / paste the IMG code.

Hank

I updated the "how-to" thread with current photobucket images.

akfalla

I agree ORedenbacher... it'd be nice to see more ladies out there. I just have to be thankful to ride with gentleman... they've saved me quite a few times. Had a blast again this year, even with the weather. I can now check "riding in hail" off my bucket list.

As always, it was nice meeting/chatting with everyone. Hope to see you all in September! Ride safe!

Riding in the cold/rain really wipes a person out... thank goodness for the warm fire. Thanks for whoever supplied the wood!  :evil

And how about this duck?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson

greatbuffalo

Thank you all that joined me and my "posse" this spring. I had a great time and my daughter in law had a very positive offroad riding experience for her first time out. We didn't scare her off and I was very pleasantly surprised at her offroad skills that come naturally. The guys from MN we rode with were great to hang with and had the same laidback attitude that weekend that I did. We had fun and  was surprised at the places the KLR hack was able to go. A little bit worse for wear in the end but a great machine that has me thinking...... :evil :evil :evil

Anyway, Fall Rally will be different. Leaving a large part of the family behind to focus on MY riding. Looking forward to it.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

Such a great time! Thanks LD for leading us around and getting us lost. That is what we are out there to do after all?? Lisa's chili was delicious, and the hamburger feed really hit the spot after riding back to camp in a monsoon... This thing is getting so big I didn't get to ride with everyone that I wanted to, but on the other hand I met some great new people!

tannerc

Videos from June

Will get some more up when i run into free time
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."