News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall Rally Planning

Started by The Yeti, June 28, 2013, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YOURDRUNKDAD

Wife wont have time for anything fancy this year so walmart cookies will have to do. Is dinner on for tonight? Should we bring anything else?

Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

Black Hills Back Country

Oh...in that case I agree. No helicopters!

YOURDRUNKDAD

I forgot to ask what time???
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

Bogus Jim

Lisa says we're eating at 5:30. She's bringing the chili around 5.

YOURDRUNKDAD

Ok, Im not getting off till 5 but will head up as soon as we can. Hopfully a little sooner.

YOURDRUNKDAD

One last, do I need to bring anything else?

Hank

OK, where are all the pictures and stories of heroism and heartbreak?

Was it a successful weekend of riding, camping, and bullshitting?

grubbie

Well Hank, I can't say I was succesful, but I had a great time and met some great people. Weather was perfect. Thanks to Bogus Jim, Lonesome Dave, and Gerry for leading me on some great rides. Thanks to Fletch as well, although I wasn't able to keep up with that group, I had fun trying! Thanks for the great food again, the chili and pulled pork really hit the spot. I hope to see some of the new faces show up next spring. I am off to look for parts for my broken WR, I'd like to do one more weekend in the hills before the snow flies. Ride safe everyone!

greatbuffalo

Wonderful time was had by all. A few great new ones in the group from ND and a guy, Dave(?) from 400 and some miles away in NE that rolled in on the back of a DR650. Super nice folks. Srg, the guy with the busted leg even showed up with his lady in a very cool MG-B.

The rides were great, thanks to those that put in the effort to plan the rides and lead this loose bunch of idiots. You are appreciated.

Great food, thanks Gerry and Lisa.

No one got hurt  and only one broken bike. After a good nights sleep and a collective effort, it was found to just need a air filter cleaning. After that he back on the trail.

All in all and very good weekend.

I have a few pics I'll post in the next day or so.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

I didn't take a lot of photos, but here's one of the group on the Custer loop on Saturday. As you can see by the sky, it was a perfect day.

I decided to skip riding Friday... Thursday evening I clipped a tree on the singletrack with the top of my helmet and wrenched my neck pretty badly. But Saturday I heard that GreatBuffalo was riding the Custer loop on his Tiger and I couldn't pass up a chance to ride with a living legend. I just took a few preemptive Advil.

As usual the camp food was awesome. Thanks to Lonesome Lisa for the chili Friday and and gerry1eye for pulled pork Saturday.

sandhillrider

Thanks to all for the hospitality. Had a great time meeting you all and riding with you.
Looking forward to doing it again. 25 miles shorter coming home when you don't get lost, only 425 miles.

Mark

YOURDRUNKDAD

It was great meeting the ones I did!!! Cant wait to come out and ride ofr the spring rally. Thanks for the awesome chillie. 

Les

greatbuffalo

Mark, glad to here you arrived safely home. Great to meet you. Hope to ride with you again, in the spring maybe.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Osnabrock

It sounds like it was a good time.
I wish I could have made it out. 
I'm eager to see some more photos and hear some more about the rides.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

tannerc

Here are all the photos we took.. Not many..
The video will be a little while yet..

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."