News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall Rally Planning

Started by The Yeti, June 28, 2013, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Figured we better get planning for the Fall rally!

First things first:

LOCATION??

I wasn't in on last years fall rally, so I don't know if you guys want to go back to Deerfield.

I like the KOA the year before last.

Any other options we want to consider?

I'm fairly certain I'm gonna make this one - keeping fingers crossed!  :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Yippy!   I'm already excited.

We should wait a second on the date also.   At the FnF we discussed possibly trying to hit the same date as Clay (tannerc) and the MN guys' date, which might be one week later?   Clay - please chime in.

That's not a make or break consideration either, as they already have their own thing going, but since the fall rally is generally pretty small it might be fun.   

Perhaps a date poll is in order, or maybe we should first find out if there are dates that just WON'T work for people?  I think I'm flexible.

If the "joint rally" does work out that may affect where we stay.

I like Deerfield and the riding around there pretty well last year.   But I really don't care to be honest.

The Yeti

Hmmmm....a week later means a week colder, too.

How many are in the MN group? Are those the guys that usually stay at Nemo Guest Ranch?

Hank

Ya cold might be a consideration.   Day length is changing quickly around that time too.

They stay at Clay's dad's place.  We wouldn't do that of course, but maybe nearer there.   Hopefully Clay will chime in with the date and actual location.   He told me but there was a lot of beer involved.      We'll do what's best for the group, but I'd to look at the options before we nail it down.

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on June 28, 2013, 02:27:54 PM
Ya cold might be a consideration.   Day length is changing quickly around that time too.

They stay at Clay's dad's place.  We wouldn't do that of course, but maybe nearer there.   Hopefully Clay will chime in with the date and actual location.   He told me but there was a lot of beer involved.      We'll do what's best for the group, but I'd to look at the options before we nail it down.
You nailed the the date, weekend of Sept 20th! We stayed at my dads place last year which is right by the Piedmont trail head. We could meet up with the group or if the guys that are coming are up for camping just merge and head to which ever campground DDSR chooses!  :)
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

The Yeti

Well, I guess that settles it!

EDIT: The date that is, now on to location....

tannerc

Any hesitations about camping in the Nemo area? If we decide to stay at the old mans place (he is really looking forward to the dirt bike crowd showing back up) We are just over the hill ten miles from Nemo. But where ever the group decides shouldnt be a problem. We will just see how things unfold and work with it that way. Also.. The Nebraska boys were up there camped at Nemo the same time I put on that BHNF ride last year, I posted over on ADV to see if they were planning on coming up again.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

The Yeti

We were based at Nemo Guest Ranch for the fall rally a few years ago. Nice place. I'd camp there again for sure. Great access to trails (Pilot Knob anyone?). Shall we consider it "Nominee #1"??

loingrader

I second it Yeti.  Maybe we will rub shoulders with another motorcycling icon.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I wasn't at that rally.   If you guys say its good then I'm on board.   

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

The Yeti

Yeah, Nemo Guest Ranch has a store, bar and restaurant. Pretty nice (free) showers. Not bad at all.

I think we got a pretty good deal last time too....not as good as FnF, but I'll see what I can do.

greatbuffalo

I'm game for where ever the crowd assembles.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Akunin

I'm hoping to finish my bike by then, this sounds like a great time! Is there a max number of bikes you guys are allowing?

loingrader

No limit.  The more the merrier!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

YOURDRUNKDAD

Its getting close,  I would still like to offer help since I can't ride.  Just let me know what I can do.
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.