News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall Rally Planning

Started by The Yeti, June 28, 2013, 01:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NDave

Are we on for Nemo?    Can we ride Custer loop from there?     I could bring some food     Dave you camping or sleeping at home?     

Lonesome Dave

NDave, I think I going to sleep at home, its only 15 min. away.  As far as I'm concerned, I think we should stay with plan A and go to Nemo.

As far as food goes, Elisa was also asking me about making chili this time around.  I believe Yeti was planning on chili also.  I need to talk to him.

As far a Custer loop goes, I'm in.  We have to talk to Bogus Jim, but I think we should set a time to leave Custer.  Any breakfast would have to before that.  Maybe, cut a section or two out and get the miles down around 100 to 120.  There's a 10 mile detour each way in the middle of the loop to get gas in Newcastle, WY (and food).  I really think everyone will like it and it's mostly big bike friendly.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Akunin

Oh man, my bikes almost there and here you guys will be in my neck of the woods! I'll be cutting it close but would love to ride with you guys!

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 04, 2013, 10:26:43 PM
We have to talk to Bogus Jim, but I think we should set a time to leave Custer

You don't need to talk to me...  ???  you guys can leave anytime you want.  ;)

If I can figure out the bike stalling issue, I'd like to squeeze in one more Wy trip in September. I'll try to make it back in time for the rally though.

The Yeti

As far as food goes, Elisa was also asking me about making chili this time around.  I believe Yeti was planning on chili also.  I need to talk to him.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm not so sure I'm gonna make it to the rally....and if we do, the more chili the better IMO.  ;)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Bogus Jim on September 05, 2013, 09:54:38 AM
We have to talk to Bogus Jim, but I think we should set a time to leave Custer

You don't need to talk to me...  ???  you guys can leave anytime you want.  ;)

But your our fearless leader...we need you!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

So, do we have a place in mind where we will all convene in about a week?

I haven't got a clue as to where to stay. If we want to get further south, The KOA at Palmer Gulch treated us pretty well.

We need to make a decision pretty quick. I don't many people really care where we stay, we just need to get it set. It seems kinda weird that I haven't made any reservations and its less then 2 weeks away.

I would make some arraignments but I'm short on time as well. I am parked at work for 4 days, only 2 days off then back here at work for 4 more.

I'll do what I can but time and distance and limited local knowledge may hinder my efforts.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

In my opinion we should stick with plan "A" and stay at Nemo.  That's what was decided a few months back.  There's plenty of single track in the area to get hurt on and two track for the rest of us.  And don't forget Pilot Knob area, I was through there last week and it's full of jumps.  And, there're lots of interesting things around there too, including the Dalton Lake area, a couple of caves, and Iceman trail.  Also, Tannerac was staying in Piedmont with his father (I think) so it's only 20 or so minutes for him to Nemo.

Moving on, if we decide to do the full Custer Loop,  its 160 miles of trail.  Jim says he has done it in as little as seven hours by himself.  In other words, this is not easy, especially with a group of 5 to 10.  I'm willing to try again, or modify it shorter.  Our mistakes in the past attempts have been horsing around before we actually get there to start.  Its a great ride but you have to "commit to the line" (sorry, I really like that) and start early.  I've even thought about "trailering" with several bikes to Custer.

Elisa says she will do Chili again if others can bring the fixings (bowls, spoons, cheese, chips), however,she would prefer not to drag it all to Custer, she said Nemo sounds much better.

I guess I thought someone had already talked to Nemo Guest Ranch, if not, I will call or go up there and give them a list or post what people are suppose to do. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Well CRAP!  Our plans are falling apart, so it looks like we're OUT.   

That really stinks!!

Hank

I should clarify that our personal plans (sitter) are falling apart..  not the rally plans!

Sent from my Pocket Altair 8800

greatbuffalo

OK, Nemo it is. Can someone call the the place to make sure they know we're coming?

I just want to get away and ride, don't really care where I DO IT.

Hank, hope your plans come back together.

It looks like it will be Me and my youngest son. Sleeping in the van. Easier to deal with than the whole family. I love em to death, but.............
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

I tried calling last night, but no info.   I call them today.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 06, 2013, 08:12:28 AM

Moving on, if we decide to do the full Custer Loop,  its 160 miles of trail.  Jim says he has done it in as little as seven hours by himself.  In other words, this is not easy, especially with a group of 5 to 10.  I'm willing to try again, or modify it shorter.  Our mistakes in the past attempts have been horsing around before we actually get there to start.  Its a great ride but you have to "commit to the line" (sorry, I really like that) and start early.  I've even thought about "trailering" with several bikes to Custer.

Im all in on the custer loop. I liked the vid and really want to give it a go.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on September 06, 2013, 11:23:44 AM
Well CRAP!  Our plans are falling apart, so it looks like we're OUT.   

That really stinks!!

Dont give up yet!!!
You got a few days to get it all straightened out.. 

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

I called Nemo Guest Ranch today.  They are mostly open on the 19th - 21st.  They will give us a 10% discount on group rates.
The following rates are NOT discounted, I'll let you do the math!

You need to make your own reservations.  Call "Willie" 605-578-2208 for information.  She will fix ya up.

Tent spot - $16.50
RV spot - $25 water/elect.
RV spot - $20 just elect.  (For you NDave)
Line Shack (rustic cabin) - $75  (no water, but has elect/heat/ac)  Oh yea, and right next to the showers.
2 bedroom cabin w/elect, heat, ac, water - $98
Large house 3 double beds with all amenities (sleeps a bunch of people) - $248

You need to make your own reservations.  Call "Willie" 605-578-2208 for information.  They seemed nice and willing to please, and said she was looking forward to seeing us again.

http://www.nemoguestranch.com/

Hank, does this need posted on the other thread?

Older - Wiser - Faster !