News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Official Sign-Up Thread

Started by The Yeti, June 28, 2013, 01:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Location to be determined, details will be updated in this post.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Looks like it's probably gonna be Nemo Guest Ranch: http://www.nemoguestranch.com/

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
NUMBER OF RIDERS:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Dates are September 19, 20, 21 and 22, 2013.  You can arrive anytime after noon on Thursday, September 19, departing on Sunday, September 22. Weather should be warm during the day and chilly at night (down into the 20s)  BUT, this is South Dakota...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.  ;-) 

RATES:
Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - TBD
RVs/Campers - TBD
Cabins - TBD

Make sure you tell them you are with DDSR to get these prices!

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

We try to pitch in and provide some food for the gang, but nothing is guaranteed. The Yeti will most likely bring a pot of chili and nachos, but usually it's not enough to feed everyone. If you want to pitch in, it's appreciated!

Food Info Here

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. The Yeti, Hank, any other DDSR member, the campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest.

http://www.kinsail.com/results.asp?p=bhills&pt=parks&ItemName=Trail
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

THE "IN" LIST

NAME  /  # IN PARTY  /  # OF RIDERS  /  DATE ARRIVING  /  TENT-RV-CABIN-OTHER  /
The Yeti, Mrs. Yeti  /  2  /  1  /  9-19  /  RV
tannerc, Akfalla  /  2  /  2  /  9-19  /  Tent
Hank, Oredenbacher  /  2  /  2  /  9-19  / Camp Trailer
ryani  /  1  /  1  /  9-19?  /  Car Camping
greatbuffalo  /  1  /  1  /  9-19  /  Tent
Grubbie  /  2  /  1.5  /  9-19  /  RV
Chris_King  /  2  /  1  /  9-19  /  Car Camping
sdsmtengineer  /  1  /  1  /  9-20  /  Tent
WOODSRIDER 53  /  1  /  1  /  9-19  /  Tent
Hipster  /  1  /  1  /  9-19  /  Tent
NDave  /  3  /  3  /  9-19  /  RV
Lonesome Dave  /  1  /  1  /  9-19  /  Just Ridin'
gerry1eye  /  2  /  2  / 9/20  /  RV
sandhillrider  /  1  /  1  /  9-19  /  Tent

TOTAL RIDERS: 14.5
TOTAL ATTENDEES: 15

The Yeti

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: The Yeti (Alan), Mrs. Yeti (Patty)
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
NUMBER OF RIDERS: 1
DATE ARRIVING: 9-19
DATE LEAVING: 9-22
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 37'

I'm already excitied, can you tell!  :)

tannerc

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: tannerc & Akfalla
NUMBER OF RIDERS: 2
TENT OR RV: tent/commuting
SIZE OF RV: 0'0"
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

The Yeti

Hank

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Hank and Oredenbacher
NUMBER OF RIDERS: 2
TENT OR RV: Enclosed trailer (no utilities needed)

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

The Yeti

Just had an "ah-ha" moment - Oredenbacher is Cara, right?  Now it all makes sense. :)

I had no idea who Oredenbacher was until just now. She's got some mad photo skills - props!

ORedenbacher

Oredenbacher - you have it correct @ Cara.  :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The Yeti

Are you a big popcorn fan, or.....???

Explanation please!  :)

ORedenbacher

Just the brand of popcorn I was eating when I had to pick a name - good stuff!    It's my adv name too.  Hard to find an unclaimed name on that board.

ryani

I'm in! 

Just myself and i'll be sleeping in the 4runner. 

Can't wait.
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

The Yeti

Quote from: ryani on July 01, 2013, 02:21:32 PM
I'm in! 

Just myself and i'll be sleeping in the 4runner. 

Can't wait.

You showing up the 19th, Ryan?

ryani

Hopefully the 19th.  For sure on Friday the 20th.  It's easier to convince both of my bosses for a Friday off.  The one at work and the one at home.  ;D

I'll try to round up a few more guys too.  I will keep you posted.
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

greatbuffalo

I'm in. Although I love them dearly, my wife and my grandchildren are not invited this time. I'm being kinda selfish but my wife understands. The logistics get a little overwhelming for a ride weekend when your planning for nonriding people and 2 of them are under the age of 4. So the Fall rally will be different for me. I may come alone or bring one or both of my boys. I'd bring the daughter in law if she could lose the kids for the weekend but I don't think that will happen. I also don't want the responsibility that goes along with a new rider this time. I have a great time with new or slower riders but I need one time where that's my decision if I ride slow or easy.

That being said, it may be me only, take my truck and my WR250F in the back and roll, OR, myself on my KLR and ride out and sleep in a tent, OR, with my youngest son in the van and pull the bikes and sleep in the van, OR, both sons in the Van and I sleep in the van and they sleep in the tent, OR, Me and my youngest ride the KLR and the Tiger out and I stay to easy stuff and sleep in a tent, or any combination of the above. Phew, that's confusing.

So,
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: greatbuffalo, possibly Zippopotamus and possibly seraph1337
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1-3 still not quite sure. trying to keep the Fall rally simple
NUMBER OF RIDERS: 1 - 3
DATE ARRIVING: 19th
DATE LEAVING: 22nd
TENT OR RV: my van or and tent depending on who comes
SIZE OF RV: maybe Van
NUMBER OF TENTS: maybe 1 or 2

Got it? :P
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

Got it. :)

I'm puttin' you down for "1" for now.