News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New board

Started by fringefan, October 14, 2008, 12:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

Brian and I just got back from a recent Mt Bike trip to Moab and after reading through some posts I thought that some of you guys that are into other hobbies might like to share your experiences. Some of us have hobbies that some of you might have an interest in and vise versa.

I do not have a ton of pics because of reason I will explain later when I can post some pics ;D

This was the first attempt at flexing my admin power so I am rather suprised to see the board actually showed up.
Let me know your thoughts on the board and if we should keep it or kick it to the curb:)

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

I think the new board ain't a bad idea, but may not get a ton of traffic.

Is this your first time to Moab? I know Brian's been a few times...I'm really jealous. I'd love to take a DS trip there some time soon.

Where's the pics?  Did you drop your camera on a Chicken Corner??   :o
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

Not my first time. I had my camera phone but did not have my actual camera and since I busted my chain I coasted and hiked for the better part of 10miles solo. If any of you want to convert a 27 spd to a single speed I can tell you it does not work without a derailer and unless your entire drive train is conected to your rear triangle, you will bust your chain again especially if you take a 3ft drop. Must have fixed it a half dozen times before I said screw it when I realized the suspension  movement would put tension on the chain causing it to snap in addition to the tork I put on it from pedaling.

Allan, we watched some guys ride the porcupine rim trail on dirt bikes and I have to say that if you thought the stuff we ride around here was tuff you would love it ;D Very fun on a mt bike and would not mind trying on a dirt bike or the KLR but I think it would be too heavy if it had to be lifted. Wish I could have gotton another day of riding in.

flexlarson

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

fringefan

Here are some pics

Top of Porcupine

Land Bridge

fringefan

Me Fixing my bike part 1

Greatest thrift store ever

Land Bridge

fringefan

Quote from: flexlarson on October 14, 2008, 09:03:36 PM

Link to pics I tried posting and couldnt figure it out.  ???

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v368/flexlarson/moaboct08/

If you go into photo bucket and under the pics there should be some codes. highlight the IMG code and just paste in the message box and if you want to write something over the picture type just above it but make sure you leave a space that.