I guess I can't go... web site says you need a 450cc or bigger.   :(

http://www.dakotaadventureloop.com/faq

I could bring a tow rope ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

I'm pretty sure my DRZ could handle it too ;)   maybe I'll add a big bore kit

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

Bogus Jim

This does look like fun though. We should get a group together. Take a Friday off, leave Thursday afternoon as soon as everyone's off work, that should give us plenty of time to do the whole loop.

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on July 05, 2013, 10:16:31 AM
This does look like fun though. We should get a group together. Take a Friday off, leave Thursday afternoon as soon as everyone's off work, that should give us plenty of time to do the whole loop.

sounds like a plan to me :)

ryani

300cc just wont cut it.  Maybe next year I'll add a 650 single to the stable, then I'll be able to make it with less RPMS.
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

tannerc

Awesome!
So did anyone see the exact dates for this?  "On Friday, July 12, on its return to the Hills, the group will stop to visit the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame" 
I know you cant just tag along "20-plus hand-picked riders" but was wondering when the tracks were going to be posted.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

This has the sound of what many think of us dualsport riders, an air of exclusivity. Not sure why it has to be 20 hand picked riders. Maybe like Neal Bayly's trips, it involved gobs of $ or influence to be part of the group. Who knows.

It is good that someone is promoting the sport in the state. I'd like to do it sometime.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on July 06, 2013, 12:05:50 AM
This has the sound of what many think of us dualsport riders, an air of exclusivity. Not sure why it has to be 20 hand picked riders. Maybe like Neal Bayly's trips, it involved gobs of $ or influence to be part of the group. Who knows.

It is good that someone is promoting the sport in the state. I'd like to do it sometime.

Just PR crap, it's a bunch of old guys who have ridden for years

Bogus Jim

Well looks like they made it back. A couple crashes / injuries. Stuff happens.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/riders-finish-dakota-adventure-loop/article_77767de4-991f-5241-89b0-93046bb2f768.html

I wonder if they rode Camp 5. Probably not. Find out when the tracks are posted.

cman60

Sounds like it was a one shot deal. Bummer. Sounds like a fun ride.
Every day is a good day to ride, just some are better than others.

greatbuffalo

They are supposed to post the GPS files for all to follow. I may do it sometime. Could be fun.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sleddog

I got a reply that the tracks would be made public in October :o Not sure why it takes 4 months!

In the mean time........Y'all can ride the TSDAT............

Sleddog

Bogus Jim