News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

MC Trailer Wanted

Started by The Yeti, June 28, 2013, 04:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Hey All,

I'm looking to upgrade my motorcycle trailer (the one that hauls the bike, not towed behind the bike). The one I have is a home built job that was crafted out of half of a VW Bug. It's heavy as hell and kinda hard to load.

I'd like a trailer that's light, easy to load with one person no matter the bike, a wheel chock would be nice, bonus points if it holds two bikes - anyone know where I should look?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

I searched high and low for several years for one of those shoreland'r 3 rail jobs (MC1200 I think).   Last year I found a new carry over at Interlakes in Madison for a good price.   They are sweet.    Might be worth calling them although Madison is a poke for you.   

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

Hank

The Yeti

Show off.  ;)

Those are certainly nice trailers, and fit my bill....but a bit more than I'd like to spend. As a mater of fact, just some quick Googling shows that most trailers that I would be interested in are outa my price range. I may just stick with my $100 homemade jobby for a few more years. :)

Maybe I'll run across a nice used one but I don't seem to have the luck that Brian does (did? Is that guy still alive and kicking? Last I talked with him, he'd recently had a heart attack!!).
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

I got that trailer for around 600 IIRC which was a chunk below retail..

Hank

I see Brian posting on FB some.    Looks like he's doing good!

Lonesome Dave

Yeti, I've got two small trailers (4'x8'), with small tires.  Both for sale.  If you want to take a look let me know.  Neither one would be able to haul two bikes unless they were dirt bikes.  One actually tilts for loading.  Both pretty cheap.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !