Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Brought Home Another Bike

Started by tannerc, July 13, 2013, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

Here she is...

2007 DL1000 V-Strom

I have been wanting to try out a v-strom for a while now... I seriously thought about NDaves nice (all set up farkled out ready to ride) strom, and then i ran on to this one. same year extremely low miles helluva deal....
Couldnt resist.
:D
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Bogus Jim

I bet if you practice some single track on the Strom, it will make your XRR seem lighter.   ;D

She looks cherry. I rode one once, and seemed like the engine was turning about 3000 rpm at 80 mph. Tall gears and the torque to pull it.

Hank

Very nice!!   How many miles is extremely low?

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

tannerc

Quote from: Bogus Jim on July 13, 2013, 07:59:17 PM
I bet if you practice some single track on the Strom, it will make your XRR seem lighter.   ;D
I bet it would.
It may not see any single but the forest roads and some easy trails are game. The strom doesnt feel like it would be too much of a hand full. Its tall but I can flat foot both side with some room to go. The power seems manageable.
Quote from: Bogus Jim on July 13, 2013, 07:59:17 PM
I rode one once, and seemed like the engine was turning about 3000 rpm at 80 mph. Tall gears and the torque to pull it.
That was my main attraction. That and the neutral seating position. And the forest road capability. And the long range capability. And the..
My cruiser is turning almost 4 grand at 75mph, just felt like i was flogging it on a 350 mile interstate run, it only has 3 gal of usable fuel which gave me a range of 100-120 miles.  I am wore out after 2oo miles because of the seating position, my tail bone just screams after any thing over 250 miles. I have a different seat, didnt help.. Highway pegs, didnt help.. sheep skin, didnt help..

loingrader

That Strom will happily go places off road that you wouldnt want to take it.  I had a wee and was shocked at how capable it was in the rough stuff and how well it conquered interstate miles 2 up w 3 fully loaded givis.  There is a reason they have such a huge following.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

1K miles on an 07 strom is a real find.   I can't imagine having a bike like that and riding it so little!  Great for you though.. wow.    I'm over 6K on the street so far this year, and that's not really all that much!

If you keep the cruiser I bet it collects a lot of dust!

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: loingrader on July 14, 2013, 04:16:46 PM
That Strom will happily go places off road that you wouldnt want to take it.  I had a wee and was shocked at how capable it was in the rough stuff and how well it conquered interstate miles 2 up w 3 fully loaded givis.

There was a lot of us "shocked."

I put a heavier rear spring on my wee for two up and that works better.

Wow, a thousand miles, 6 years old!  That would be hard to say no.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

numb41

that!... is a nice looking bike!  I think i need one now...

Lee Bruns

Loving my DL1000. Just shy of 100,000 miles on it now. (Mostly from previous owner).

tannerc

I put 2500 miles on so far and love it!
More comfortable than the meanstreak.
Better fuel milage and range
More options / theory of use
loft the front tire without clutch trickery.  :evil

It doesnt growl like the 1600 and the wind buffeting is a total pain in the ass.  >:(
but that can all be fixed with $$$$$

Hank

Get a Madstad!     The difference it made on my TEX is pretty much incredible.

I really think its the best money I've ever spent on a farkle!   Unless I have a HUGE quartering head wind, there just isn't hardly any wind noise or buffeting any more.     We rode just about 2K miles around Superior and I never closed my visor except for a bit of rain here and there.       

Before the Madstad the buffeting was downright nasty.

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on September 12, 2013, 09:10:49 AM
Get a Madstad!     The difference it made on my TEX is pretty much incredible.

I really think its the best money I've ever spent on a farkle!   Unless I have a HUGE quartering head wind, there just isn't hardly any wind noise or buffeting any more.     We rode just about 2K miles around Superior and I never closed my visor except for a bit of rain here and there.       

Before the Madstad the buffeting was downright nasty.

The madstad is on the to buy list, along with a vstream shield.
along with a whole laundry list of farkles i need.. skid plate.. crash bars... hard cases... electronic cruise... suspension...
I need to win the lottery..

Lonesome Dave

I have crash bars, don't know if the frames are .the same.  I have the Wee
Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 12, 2013, 11:56:20 AM
I have crash bars, don't know if the frames are .the same.  I have the Wee
I have read some wee stuff will fit the vee and vice versa
but most stuff wont.. It all depends on who made them and such.