News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Ride this Saturday

Started by The Yeti, October 16, 2008, 10:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

I plan on doing some riding this Saturday afternoon. Looks like it may be the last really nice day of the year!

If anyone wants to tag along, you're more than welcome.

(in case you don't know, this is in the Black Hills  ;D )
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Dustin

Alan, I am soooo jealous. I would love to ride around Satuday but the 400 miles is a little problem.  :'(

The Yeti

Well, I don't plan on any rock gardens, so you'd just be bored anyway.   ;)

Jared

Dang I missed ya!  I didn't do jack yesterday! :-[

BUT I'm going riding today so I'll make up for it. ;D ;D

The Yeti

Looks like a beautiful weekend coming up! I'll be out riding in the afternoons if anyone wants to join me.

The Yeti

Quote from: The Yeti on October 28, 2008, 09:47:06 PM
Looks like a beautiful weekend coming up! I'll be out riding in the afternoons if anyone wants to join me.

Nobody?? 

Got my new Black Dog skidplate the other day (stocker cracked all the way through from that hit during last rally), and my new Renazco seat is on the FedEx truck for delivery right now!! Can't wait to try out the new seat this weekend.

fringefan

Wow you must have completed your honey do list and a little extra to pull off getting that seat.

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on October 31, 2008, 06:14:59 PM
Wow you must have completed your honey do list and a little extra to pull off getting that seat.

Actually, ordered (and paid for) the seat way back in June, just now got it!

Hank

That Black Dog baby is a tank, ain't it?    If you crack that you've got serious problems!!    I am very impressed with mine.

Quote from: The Yeti on October 31, 2008, 03:18:34 PM

Nobody?? 

Got my new Black Dog skidplate the other day (stocker cracked all the way through from that hit during last rally), and my new Renazco seat is on the FedEx truck for delivery right now!! Can't wait to try out the new seat this weekend.

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on October 31, 2008, 07:44:12 PM
That Black Dog baby is a tank, ain't it?    If you crack that you've got serious problems!!    I am very impressed with mine.

Before I installed it, the wife said it looked like something you could grill a steak on!  ;D  Yeah, don't think I'll be crackin' this one anytime soon.

The Renazco is the sh*t! Only got to sit on it tonight.  :'(  I ended up getting the suede top (peer pressure from ADV), and I think I really like it. Your butt sticks very nicely.  ;D  A lot more seating space, you can sit wherever you want, I like how far back I can sit now. MUCH taller, too, from what I can tell. Had to tip-toe it on the center stand when I could flat foot it before (haven't taken it off the center stand, yet). Pics and review coming after I actually ride it tomorrow!

fringefan

Thats awesome. Have to keep the mods up or the chatter is going to die down.

I still need to get my subframe bolt kit and handle bar heaters in and get Jeff his spring. We are supposed to get snow this comming week so riding is going to be hit and miss till march. Been on the mtb more than the KRL last few weeks so the project for the winter is going to be bolting a bike tray to the KLR so I can do both.

loingrader

i'll be interested to see how that mtb mount works out for you fringe.  i've seen it a couple of times (on motorcycles), but never on a klr.  it would definatly be cool.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro