News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Triumph Explorer

Started by cman60, July 21, 2013, 08:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cman60

Been looking at the Triumph Explorer to maybe replace my DR650se. Don't know if there is  any opinion's on that thought but I'd thought I'd ask.
Every day is a good day to ride, just some are better than others.

Wacked

I have a Triumph road bike and really dig the engine, drive line, styling.  Test drove the Tiger and Explorer last year back-to-back and absolutely love the way the bikes are positioned and set up.

Go for it!

Hank

I have an Explorer XC.   Cara has an 800XC.  Ive put 3300 on the Explorer and almost 3k on the 800 this year.  I'll post up a detailed opinion of both tomorrow when I don't have to peck on my phone.   Damn awesome is a quick summary!

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

greatbuffalo

Hank, I didn't realize you got the Explorer XC. Did you pick this up used from someone who made a quick decision to buy but found it was the wrong bike? Or did you buy new?

If you bought new, I'd like to know if you bought it through Mid America. If so, what was your opinion of the buying process with them?

Not sure if I'd want the 800 or the 1200. At some point I'm gonna need a replacement for my Tiger.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I bought it new, shortly after I rode the used 800 home from Florida.  Mid America had just picked up Triumph when I bought it.  I tried to buy it from them, and also checked out Fargo, but in the end bought it from Dillon Brothers in Omaha.   Dillon brothers gave me close to 60% more on trade (I guess they really wanted a Super Duke!!) than what I could get in Fargo or SF, and they took both my bikes on trade where neither SF or Fargo were interested in the Norge.  I had to make a decent deal with both to make this happen.

I traded in the Norge and Super Duke and then sold the TDM.   Dillon brothers treated me incredibly well on the trade; neither bike cost me a dime to own with the deal we made.    Can't say that for the TDM though  ???

I'll post more later today time permitting.

Hank

Quote from: cman60 on July 21, 2013, 08:56:12 AM
Been looking at the Triumph Explorer to maybe replace my DR650se. Don't know if there is  any opinion's on that thought but I'd thought I'd ask.

I guess one comment that pops into my head is, what are you primarily doing  on your DR?   The Tigers certainly won't go as far offroad, especially the Explorer, but they certainly go down the road better! 

loingrader

Funny.  I saw and admired both your bikes at Dillon bros a couple weeks ago.  That showroom is AWESOME!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Quote from: loingrader on July 22, 2013, 07:27:43 PM
Funny.  I saw and admired both your bikes at Dillon bros a couple weeks ago.  That showroom is AWESOME!

Did you realize they were mine?   I see they sold the SD...

loingrader

Nope had no idea but I did check both of them out.  The duke was sitting by a diavel and the Norge was by an fjr.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro