News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tigers!

Started by Hank, July 22, 2013, 07:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Just looking on ADVrider and some guy has a 2007 Tiger. first he wants way too much for it but aside from that...... That has to be the biggest mistake that Triumph had in the last few years. Luckly it only took then a few years to figure it out.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I think the 1050 looks like a great sport touring bike, but it seems a little mis-labeled as a Tiger.   I've seen a few come up for sale lately and sometimes they are pretty cheap for the year and miles.

Hank

We are in the midst of a leisurely cruise around Lake Superior.   I've had two tanks over 50 mpg on the 1200 with the best being nearly 53.  The 800 got just a tick better (53 and change).   I thought that was pretty impressive, but it was ideal conditions.  Steady state 60 mph with no wind, although we do both have the hard bags on.

Hank

I'm going to ride the 1200 up to Fargo tomorrow to drop it off for a new head.   Likely the last street ride of the year, unless we get real lucky with the weather and the repair doesn't take long.     Triumph is replacing many if not most of the heads on the 1200 Explorers up to a certain VIN number.    They get real noisy because of out of tolerance bucket pockets and/or valve guides.     Mine started to get a bit noisy at 2K and now at just under 7K it sounds pretty tacky.       Good of them to stand behind it, it has to be costing them a fortune!

Wacked

Any interaction I've had with Fargo Triumph has been top notch!   I had an issue to sort thru on the Trophy.  Their service Mgr Henry went way above and beyond to help out.

Hope they treat you well

Wacked