News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Up here all week

Started by Dratharr, August 28, 2013, 08:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_king

Oh gotcha, that image is pretty much exactly what I saw minus the bicycle.  It might as well be a warning, that shortcut is steep and full of roots and baby head rocks. 

I was just talking with someone the other day about those two trail sections being blocked off from one another.  If they could join them up safely that area north of 44 would be offroad paradise.

tannerc

I believe this is the spot in 6339... as they say, video doesn't look steep

http://youtu.be/yPIWJda-PWk?t=4m38s

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

chris_king

Well you can definitely tell its steep by how the front wheel is locked and the bike is still sliding backwards.  I've been in that situation more than a few times.  Looking forward to trying that spot out.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: tannerc on September 11, 2013, 03:51:45 PM
I believe this is the spot in 6339... as they say, video doesn't look steep

Yup, that's the spot. First time I tried it, on the WRR, I went through the slot on the left and the damn rock bumped my shift lever into neutral. Bike started rolling backwards and as you can imagine, things went "downhill" from there.

On my KTM it is a little easier.

Dratharr

tannerc

6711 has one of those bugger areas at the beginning of it if you start from the Victoria Lake road trail head. Drathar took us up that one in May, but i think I was the only one who had serious trouble with it.. Cat step rocks... loose your forward motion and you are screwed.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Dratharr

Hey Tannerc from what I have seen you don't have any problems hustling that Honda over anything! I am still hoping to get up that way soon, hopefully we can meet up and ride some of that awesome single track. I am still trying to get my bike back together after the last trip. The clutch is toast, plates, friction, plates and outer,inner hub. So I am debating spending the money for a Rekluse set up. I have had them before and love them, and after riding Jays bike with the full set up on it when we rode last time I am sold. I just need to justify the funds involved on a bike that has quite a few hours on it.

chris_king

Just an update 6339 has been rerouted around that obstacle.  About 50-70 yards to the south southeast there is a right turn they want you to make which sends you over that ridge at a much lazier incline.   They have about 5 logs over the trail past the turn.  It looks like its a pretty fresh reroute so the trail is difficult to distinguish but you can follow the ribbons they've placed in the trees.

Dratharr

Hi Chris_King,
You don't make bicycle hubs and headset's by chance do you!

Best headsets ever! Anyway thanks for the update I wonder why they would do that? Oh well, now I don't have that section on my list to to think about all winter, "if I don't get back up again."

I hope everyone has a great ride this week/weekend, I wish I could have made it. Thanks again for the update. I am going to bring my two smoker up next trip, maybe we could go for a ride, I wish I could get mine plated.

chris_king

You know I think its basically because of the erosion over the years.  They were right about it being difficult, its a pretty nasty spot full of decent sized rock at a steep grade.  The word is it used to be a lot easier but as water and bikes (and probably more than a few atvs) have gone over it its just become worn to the bone.  I was with a trail development contractor and he was pointing this stuff out to me and then he discovered the new route. 

And no I'm not that Chris King lol