News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

XR650R

Started by Akunin, September 19, 2013, 12:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akunin

So I've been working off and on all summer on my '02 XRR to get it DS ready. As of today its 90% where I want it to be! Its plated and ready to go, so why only 90%? I still want to add a radiator fan as it gets a little warm sitting at the traffic lights and HDB makes some sweet upper clamps that I plan on getting to clean up my dashboard a bit, well mostly to protect my Vapor from getting to banged up in the event of a laydown. Well ok I confess. The real reason is my jerry rigged set up is just ugly

But here it is without the ugly and I've-broken-too-many-in-the-past blinker stalks. All LED

the blinkers weren't too bright when I had the old flashers in before... now since I have the right flasher, very bright! I like them better this way as they are up away from the headlight and are easier to see. Well, at least I think so

A lot more to be done this winter and I hope to have it 100% come spring. :) This is my 3rd BRP. I love these bikes

greatbuffalo

Those flashers are pretty slick. Thinking about eliminating the stalks on my Tiger someday.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Akunin

Been to long since I've updated this but I figure it's long overdue. I'll post some pictures in a bit but in a nutshell I've added a bit of the following.
Lectron carb- probably my favorite hop up
Power bomb headers
Fmf q
Hot cams stage 2
Ims oversized tank
Highway dirt bikes hand guards, top clamp.. excellent stuff
Ricky stator
Antigravity battery
Mosfet regulator for the lithium battery
Pdm60

Looking forward to getting some riding in this year!

Akunin

As it was last fall. More pics to come!

Kevin

I built an "05 from bone stock last winter as well.  It is a beast, a blast to ride, and turns heads on the street...  I rode it for the first time during last falls rally.  I will probably bring it to the spring rally...
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Akunin

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2019, 05:44:55 PM
I built an "05 from bone stock last winter as well.  It is a beast, a blast to ride, and turns heads on the street...  I rode it for the first time during last falls rally.  I will probably bring it to the spring rally...

That.. is one gorgeous looking bike. Damn

Akunin

Mods this winter

-Lectron carb (amazing!)

-Pdm60 for wiring.. I hate fuses

-Antigravity battery. Lightweight, plenty of juice for any future accessories

-Bright led blinkers. Got tired of the dimn crap led blinkers.. so splurged on good ones! Small so they dont take away from the dirt bike look and yet function.. so you know, when you want to tell people you intend on changing direction without getting run over (or at least do your part and pray they are paying attention)

-Manracks fender support. Cause you gotta hang the license plate somewhere and if it stiffens the notoriously vibrating XRR fender than all the better. And again. Doesnt take away from the dirt bike look much and just looks better than bolting the plate to the fender  (done that before too).

-Bright rear brake/running led light. Bright brake light.. nuff said.

- New side covers with vents.. cause my kid wanted my other set but didnt want to pay for them. Teenagers.

-New black rear fender... the original went through several previous owners and it showed. So many holes over the years, looked more like a strainer than a fender. Also matches rear covers so.. why not.

-Added a trailtech fan since the pig doesn't come with one. I do some tight stuff and you never know when you might find yourself sitting in idle somewhere so better than boiling over.

-New thermostat since the OEM is built with tin foil.

Hmm.. more I'm sure.

But this was done just in time for the coming snow ::)

Harry Potter

Awesome bike, really would to see it sometime. Heather Lewis, Jimmy's wife, has one with EStart that I think she said was grafted from an ATV.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.