News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Riding Friday?

Started by Bogus Jim, October 02, 2013, 08:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

Friday's forecast is north wind @ 36 mph, high of 36 degrees, snow accumulation of 5-8 inches. Anybody up for a ride around Deerfield?   ;D

Might be a short season, about 7 months ago we had this...

Lonesome Dave

OMG, that's depressing.  :(
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Let me wrap some dog chains around my wheels and I'll be game.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

tannerc

I wont be able to make it Friday.
I would have liked to made one more trip to the hills and one more trip to Akeley this season, Im a little excited about the season change.
I found a Kenda K335 http://www.amazon.com/Kenda-K335-Ice-Rear-Tire/dp/B009S4IQDM   and a Maxxis front that are all screwed up

Just got to get the pumper installed and tuned and then bring on the cold!

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

We did take some wheels one time and put a bunch on self tappers from the inside out and filled the tire with urethane. It sorta worked but the wheels were hard as hell.  Probably would have worked better if we didn't use soft street tires that were mostly worn. Why ruin a good tire, right? The rubber was not thick or strong enough to hold the screws straight. They would fold when the power was applied and after a short time they started pulling from the tire. When we finally threw in the towel the tires were beginning to shred. Then we had another 8 miles to ride back home from the pond. The friend that toted the bikes there in his truck left us when he threw a chain. By the time I got home my Suzuki 185 was running on a 21 inch skateboard wheel.

Yup... you are right, I wasn't very bright in those days. Come to think about it, I haven't gotten much smarter, just more experienced.
:evil :evil :evil :evil

Tanner, those tires are the bomb!!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Dratharr

Them there are going to make some sparks going up 8257 ;D