News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

October 20th Watertown area

Started by Lee Bruns, October 03, 2013, 08:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Bruns

Planning a nice dual sport ride on October 20th. Leaves at 9AM from the Dempseys parking lot. I have route cards made up from the last dual sport enduro for folks to use. Either ride it as a nice dual sport ride, or use it for practice for future timed enduro events. 50 miles or so for the first leg, and 35 for the second leg, time permitting. Knobbies recommended, but it really depends on how much it has rained.

greatbuffalo

Lee, I'm thinking your meaning October 20th, yes? If not it sounds like a good to be had almost 2 weeks ago.  :)
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Sounds like a lot of fun, but if its Oct 20 that's pheasant opener.    That's my one sure weekend of hunting every year.

Fletch

I will have to fire up the time machine, and figure out how to hook a bike trailer to it :)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Yah, Not sure if a hitch was an option on the Delorean.

Lee Bruns

Lee Bruns

Weather was a bit cold but tolerable. Just wore the Stich and a sweatshirt. No one showed so I went along. Nice day ride. and I made a stuffed pepper in the cooker box with semi-success.

greatbuffalo

Sometimes its kinda nice when noone shows up. Riding solo can be good for the soul.

Lee Bruns

I ride solo all the time. ON the dual sport stuff, it would be nice to have a second rider along every now and then. Though the cooking box practice is fun. Eventually I plan on writing a book on the subject, but first I need to get a few proven recipes

greatbuffalo

I had, a number of years ago, a cookbook that was written in the twenties called The Manifold Cookbook. There was a chapter called Muffler Meat. You gotta love it.

I think I had mentioned this before but I worked driving a site dump truck hauling material from pit to crusher. One of the older gents showed me how to cook some things on my engine. He was a master.

Lee Bruns

Manifold Destiny was the old book. Its been reprinted a couple of times. Mostly a joke book though.

Fletch

Alton Brown cooked meatloaf?? on his bike on an episode of feasting on asphalt. tried to find it on youtube but had no luck...it was a great series if you happen to find it anywhere. I think the first year he rode the length of the Mississippi and the next year he rode across the southern half of the US. or maybe it was the other way around??

I think it was this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX-VMjySNho
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Here's a motorcycle burrito griddle. Fancy name for tinfoil...

greatbuffalo

I saw that Feasting on Asphalt. It was a good series.  His Feasting on Waves was good as well.