News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Rekluse Core EXP

Started by Hank, January 07, 2014, 09:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a Rekluse Core EXP.   I ordered it about a 10 days before Christmas, hoping to get it before the holidays so I could install it during some time off.

It didn't arrive until today and I was getting a bit miffed about how long it was taking.    I had just set the box down in my office, and about 20 minutes (no exaggeration)  later I see a FB post by Rekluse announcing the brand new Core EXP 3.0 (it was the 2.0).    Oh great..  I just bought obsolete technology!!    Happily, when I opened the box I see I got the 3.0.   That might explain why shipment took so long.   

Just tonight on FB I see someone posting how they just installed theirs last week and were quite disappointed they got the 2.0.

Then of course I wondered if I really wanted to be the first (or one of the first) people to have one.   Yeah I'll take the new stuff.   Rekluse just announced they are the clutch supplier for Honda's factory MX team, so it better be durable.

I got it partially installed tonight:

Sure is a pretty thing.

I have the whole cover off for another project - an oil pump upgrade - that I decided to do while I was in this far.   Just the clutch cover would normally come off.

tannerc

They put some artistic touches in the design, looks nice, almost a shame to cover up.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

Cool, i'd like to see what that would do for my WR/F.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Got everything installed and the bike started.  So far so good.    The Core comes with an adjustable slave cylinder so its easy to set the gap.  Pretty slick.

Hank

Quote from: greatbuffalo on January 09, 2014, 12:26:19 AM
Cool, i'd like to see what that would do for my WR/F.

Cara's brother Chris had an EXP in his WR426 and I rode it quite a bit.    I think I'm handy enough with the clutch that its not a necessity, but on rocky uphills or jumping over logs it is really damn nice to never stall.    In a place like camp 5 where you are constantly riding the clutch its just easier.    It sucks to be dogging someone in tight single track and stall crawling over a log and lose that 10 seconds it takes to restart.   Being in the right gear isn't really a big deal either.. you can just focus on riding more and run a gear higher with no issues.

Chris has since blown up his 426 and picked up a 530 XCW which came with an EXP and Cara's new to her 400 also came with the EXP.   I debated getting the EXP, but decided to go whole hog and get the Core (Core EXP).    The Core is more durable and adjustable and should just work better overall.