News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab in March

Started by Hank, January 14, 2014, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

We booked a place in Moab for mid March.     We're taking the whole fam damily but making arrangements to be able to ride at least a couple days.   We're going to haul out.

If anyone wants to join up with us, let me know and I'll post the details....

dufferv65

That sounds like an awesome time and place to go!  I would love to hear more details about this trip, as that is a very slow time for me at work... hmm, very very tempting!

Wacked

Jealous ... Jealous ... Jealous ...

That's all I have to say!

Hank

Brad if you have any "must do" trail recommendations.. please let me know!

Wacked

Hank -

I'm not sure there is a bad trail in Moab! 

Don't know who all is riding but the Hurrah pass is very scenic and easy to navigate.  It seems it is quite close to Moab proper and is just west and south of town. 

After 3 days of riding, we finished up at Black Dragon Canyon.  This is at the end of the San Rafael Swell.   This was a very sweet 20-30 mile trail that  surprizingly skirts just north of the highway.  Might be 60 miles away from Moab so may want to trailer.  Skill level should be moderate.  This could be a quick "must do".

The other trail section I liked is a ways from Moab.  You start out in Hite UT and then you head north to Flint Seep.  There's some very sweet vistas on this trail with a couple of tight switch-back trails up and over the rims.  This trail might be moderate plus with some poopy sand sections.  The problem with this trail is that its a some distance from Moab proper.

Hey, whatever trails you hit in Moab, it'll be a good time.

Wacked

Hank

Thanks Brad.. good info.

I keep watching this video, but Cliffhanger might be more than we should tackle :)   (around min 10 he has some real trouble)

Scroll up to the top to see his other videos.. impressive stuff

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on January 16, 2014, 09:54:23 AM
Thanks Brad.. good info.

I keep watching this video, but Cliffhanger might be more than we should tackle :)   (around min 10 he has some real trouble)

Scroll up to the top to see his other videos.. impressive stuff

I found myself clenched up leaning to one side of my chair while watching that.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Wow what a nice place . I think I would crash because I would be trying to look at the scenery to much.

loingrader

Agree that any riding in Moab will be awesome.  That trail in the video looks like a great trail for an old kdx200.  Plenty of power at idle speeds and if she starts heading over the cliff just let her go!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Quote from: dufferv65 on January 15, 2014, 02:15:29 PM
That sounds like an awesome time and place to go!  I would love to hear more details about this trip, as that is a very slow time for me at work... hmm, very very tempting!

We are arriving in Moab March 16, leaving on March 22.   We have a condo on the edge of town.

Wacked

Hank - How's Moab treating you?   Who all went?

Wacked

Hank

It's been great,  but we're just about to hit the road for home.    :(
It was the family and a friend to sit the kids so we could ride a bit. 

We rode two days and filled the others with RZR rentals,  hiking,  zip lining and other fun stuff.     Would be easy spending a month just riding.    We will be coming back,  that's for sure.

I'll post more when we're home.     

Sent from my Pocket Altair 8800