News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June 2014 Planning

Started by Hank, January 20, 2014, 10:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

People ride more on Friday than Sunday. I'd say half or more of the people make it here on Thursday and ride all day Friday and all day Saturday. Another half I'd say ride for half the day on Sunday, the other half leaves for home early.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

snooker

Hi guys... been awhile.   Wish I could make this rally but alas I have plans with the wife. Perhaps the Fall one.   Always nice riding with you guys. 
p.s. I won't be checking this thread but you can email me any weird salutations at matt AT mattsnook DOT com

HAVE FUN!  maybe Malcom Smith will show up again :)
p.s. somebody please roost Gerry for me

snooker

Fletch

Just an FYI.. from an undisclosed source: Northern hills FS was a little miffed at the amount of trail damage last weekend and will be writing tickets this weekend for land damage so be careful around the water holes. 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Fletch on June 18, 2014, 03:44:07 PM
Just an FYI.. from an undisclosed source: Northern hills FS was a little miffed at the amount of trail damage last weekend and will be writing tickets this weekend for land damage so be careful around the water holes.

Just curious but was it motorcycle specific damage or ATV, UTV and 4x4 damage. Also, from you guys that have been riding in the hills for a while, when is it "okay" to go around a mud hole, instead of thru, specifically if it takes you off the trail a bit. Is there some kind of trail easement/right of way defined, or is this the crux of the problem, people going around and causing more damage.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Fletch

Quote from: Robmicgrn on June 18, 2014, 04:17:56 PM
Quote from: Fletch on June 18, 2014, 03:44:07 PM

Just curious but was it motorcycle specific damage or ATV, UTV and 4x4 damage. Also, from you guys that have been riding in the hills for a while, when is it "okay" to go around a mud hole, instead of thru, specifically if it takes you off the trail a bit. Is there some kind of trail easement/right of way defined, or is this the crux of the problem, people going around and causing more damage.

I think it was mostly 4 wheeled things? not sure what is appropriate as far as going around, but I think as long as you are not deliberately tearing things up you are fine. On the other hand if you are ripping across a muddy meadow expect a ticket..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike