News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

dirt bike documentary

Started by Bogus Jim, January 31, 2014, 10:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

New film out today, documentary on a group of kids that ride dirt bikes around inner-city Baltimore. Maybe not the best PR for our sport but I do like the wheelies in town.

http://12oclockboys.com/

Best line in the trailer, kid who says "I'm a grown-ass man!"  ;D

Fletch

LOL.. wrong on so many levels, but my inner hooligan loves it!!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Osnabrock

I don't quite know what to say about that.........
Perhaps the full length has more content to it than the trailer suggests.  I'll keep an eye open for it.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

dufferv65

Wonder if this guy is in the movie, crawling through the hood? lol

Fletch

they can out wheelie me, that's for sure. Wonder how they would do in the rocks?

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Fletch on February 26, 2014, 10:19:28 AM
they can out wheelie me, that's for sure.

I bet the 1190 has automatic wheelie control, you just have to read the owner's manual to figure out how to turn it on. As soon as you hit the balance point it will modulate power to hold the perfect wheelie.

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on February 26, 2014, 02:21:40 PM
Quote from: Fletch on February 26, 2014, 10:19:28 AM
they can out wheelie me, that's for sure.

I bet the 1190 has automatic wheelie control, you just have to read the owner's manual to figure out how to turn it on. As soon as you hit the balance point it will modulate power to hold the perfect wheelie.

actually the traction control acts as wheelie control too :(  once you shut it off though  :) :) :)

Hank

The big Tiger's TC does the same.   It works insanely fast too.   If the wheel is off the ground 2" its shutting it down.    But likewise, once its turned  off, the big girl does a nice throttle wheelie.

greatbuffalo

I never have been good at wheelies on a M/C. I could ride one for miles back in my bicycle MX days. I have been working on it with the WR though. All the hard rally guys say its a need to know skill.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I've never been able to wheelie either and a this point I don't think I will ever learn :(

Hank

I've been working on it the last couple summers.       I've gotten much better and can at least hold the balance point for a while, but still can't just ride one until I'm sick of it.    I hope to get there someday.  I'm getting old so I better hurry.

In their youth, my uncle and his friends (my uncle would be member yakmulligan's dad) could ride them like the guys in that video.    The old story was one of them rode one from Watertown to the Wide Spot which is something like 19 miles, around several curves and through a small town.

greatbuffalo

I had a friend that actually took an old YZ125, removed the front wheel, and put skateboard wheels on it. He'd start the thing and within 5 feet had the front up and could literally go anywhere and as far as he wanted to go. He could do this at 5 mph or 55 mph. He had such an innate sense of balance. I think he'd have made an amazing trials rider if we knew what it was then.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: greatbuffalo on February 28, 2014, 12:06:21 AM
I had a friend that actually took an old YZ125, removed the front wheel, and put skateboard wheels on it.

I've heard the arguments for 21" vs. 17" front wheels, but never skateboard wheels...

Fletch

greatbuffalo

He needed the front to roll about 3-5 feet. I guess a ski may have even done the trick.

I've seen several videos of those guys that remove the front end completely. Entertaining I must say. I do think I'd want something on the front, say... skateboard wheels for when the front drops at 20 mph.

I think I'm gonna make a spring resolution to improve my wheelie skills. Graham Jarvis says to start off on a slight incline with feet on the ground............................