News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June 2014 Sign up!

Started by Hank, February 19, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

The 2014 Dakota Dual Sport Riders June rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Fish 'n Fry campground just south of Deadwood, SD: http://www.fishnfry.com/

Location is here:

We will be staying on the Hillside Loop once again.

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Dates are June 19, 20, & 21, 2013.  You can arrive anytime after noon on Thursday, June 19, departing on Sunday, June 22. Weather should be dry and warm - avg high 78, avg low 52.  BUT, this is South Dakota...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.  ;-)  Be aware that there is very spotty cell phone coverage at the campground (can be a good thing), but if you ride to the top of the hill (2 minutes away) most will get a good signal.    Note:  The cell signal in the campground was much improved last June, if memory serves.

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - $8 per person/night, RVs/Campers - $21 per night.  You will pay the campground when you arrive, no pre-payment required. I will reserve all tent sites from entries on this sign-up thread. FnF have cabins available as well, but you will need to reserve those yourself by calling Gary or Michelle. Also please call and reserve RV sites on your own.  Make sure you tell them you are with DDSR to get the special discount!

Fish 'n Fry phone number:   (605) 578-2150

As of 2/19/14 all of the cabins, guest rooms, and 1 rental RV are available.

We will have enough room for plenty of tents.  RV sites near the tent sites are at a premium and need to be reserved as far in advance as possible, although there will be plenty of RV spots available away from "ground zero".

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

The Fish 'n Fry campground (FnF) has full showers (coin operated, bring a couple of quarters if you don't want to smell like a dirty biker!), real bathrooms (with sinks & mirrors!), a general store (with beer), a small restaurant (with beer on tap!) and a grill and shelter we can use if it rains. 24hr gas station/convenience store right across the street, and Deadwood is only 10 minutes away. There are picnic tables, but if you want a guaranteed seat by the fire you better bring your own.

Electricity is available to charge cell phones, iPods, etc., however it is outside, so use at your own risk!

Firewood from outside the campground is not permitted (sometimes an exception is made for us DDSR folks, though).
The FnF has bundles of wood for $X.

Limited food will be provided, but plan on fending for yourself during the day.
- Organized food TBA

Cars, trucks & bike trailers will have room to park, but could be a ways away from your campsite.

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. Hank, The Yeti, any other DDSR member, the FnF campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FISHING: Fishing is allowed along the creek running into and out of their little stock pond at FnF, and a fishing license is not required.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Click the link about halfway down this page on the right-hand side (Application: Annual Motorized Trail Permit):

Permits Here!

Hank

"IN" LIST

NOTE:   Please call the FnF to reserve your own RV sites and/or cabins or on-site RVs.

Fish 'n Fry phone number:   (605) 578-2150

FNFMichelle and I will keep tabs on the number of tent sites.

NAME - NIGHTS - TENT/RV/CABIN

(2) Hank + ORedenbacher - 19,20,21 - Rental RV
(4) Tannerc + Akfalla - 20,21 - Tent
(5) YDD/Sgtlld3 + ? - 20,21 - 5th Wheel
(7) Grubbie - Rob + Heidi - 19,20,21 - RV
(8 ) Chris King - 20,21 - Escalade
(10) GB and Zippo, maybe more, 19,20,21 - ?
(12) Dr Dude +?, 19,20,21 - Camper
(13) Plumber Mike, ? - Just visiting?
(14) JCodyJ, ? - Just visiting?
(15) Hipster - 19,20,21 - Tent
(16) Robmicgrn - 19,20,21 - Toy hauler
(17) Radar - 19 - Tent
(18) NDave - 19,20,21 - RV
(19) Weestrom - 19,20,21 - Cabin  + toyhaulers
(20) Woodsrider - 19,20,21 - Cabin
(22) DustyBottoms +1 - 19,20,21 - Tent
(23) LonesomeDave - 19,20,21 - RV
(24) Ryani - 19,20,21 - Tent
(25) Gerryoneeye - 19,20,21 - RV
(26) Ziggy - 19,20,21 - Tent
(28) Sandhillrider +1 -19,20,21 - Cabin

- 3 drop outs - Yourdrunkdad, Hank, Oredebacher

TOTAL = 25

And NDirt Rider -  coming post rally

Hank

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Jason / Cara -  Hank / Oredenbacher
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 6/19
DATE LEAVING: 6/22
TENT OR RV: Rental RV - Laredo
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

tannerc

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Clay/Andrea  Tannerc/Akfalla
DATE ARRIVING: 6/20
DATE LEAVING: 6/22 ish
TENT OR RV: Tent
SIZE OF RV: 0'0"
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

grubbie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Grubbie (Rob, Heidi)
DATE ARRIVING: 6/19
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

We could brew up another big batch of sloppy joes if you want, just let us know which day would be best. It was kinda nice to have something to reheat real quick for lunches and such, last time we made them it seemed to be pretty handy. Let me know.

YOURDRUNKDAD

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Les/SGtld3
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1-2
TENT OR RV: I am poor no more, so RV
SIZE OF RV: 24' 5th wheel.
NUMBER OF TENTS:

I have 2 extra beds if anyone wants to pitch in on an RV pad..
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

chris_king

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Chris_King
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
TENT OR RV: Cadi Escalade
SIZE OF RV: About the size of a suburban.  I'll find a spot to fit her in.
NUMBER OF TENTS:

greatbuffalo

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Greatbuffalo
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 3. 2 riding, 1 not
DATE ARRIVING: June 19
DATE LEAVING: June 22
TENT OR RV: Renting RV from F N F
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

drdude

Hank.........thanks for the heads up on my message to lonesome dave....any way I did make reservations for the June GALA.....do hope to see you before then....
drdude
# in party: 2
made reservations: camper
Dates: 19th thru 22

plumber mike

I'd like to think I'll be there.

More or less.

Hopefully more. I miss riding with you folks.

I hope your all well.

Hank

Quote from: plumber mike on April 08, 2014, 07:15:49 PM
I'd like to think I'll be there.

More or less.

Hopefully more. I miss riding with you folks.

I hope your all well.

Hey stranger!

greatbuffalo

Mike, good to hear from you. Hope you are well also.

JcodyJ

I'm new to the site. I live in mobridge sd right now, but I will be moving to deadwood for work in May. I ride a plated xr600 and although I won't need to camp I'd love to ride along!

Lonesome Dave

Welcome JcodyJ, go over to the new members thread and introduce yourself.  Love to have you there.  Great group of people here.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

JcodyJ, what Dave said. Welcome. And like he said, take a stroll over to the new member introduction thread and tell us a little bit about yourself. I must say that I'm pretty jealous of you making the move to the Hills.

Looking forward to riding with you.