News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June 2014 Sign up!

Started by Hank, February 19, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NDave

Greetings group   there has been a little talk about food          do we need to think what folks can bring to fill out a fri and sat nite  supper menu          this was started by Yeti  years ago and has turned into our social/family  event     its cool if people need a sit down meal in town       some of the newbees  might like to meet first hand  the biggest    bull_______s in the bunch         this in no way refers to  LD or GB

Lonesome Dave

My bad, Mrs Lonesome is planning on her "Boiler maker tailgate chili" and Mrs Wacked was going to do the fixings for the chili.  We were planning on Friday night.

AND, Mrs Lonesome wants to say if you all would rather NOT have chili, her feelings will not be hurt in anyway. 

N Dave, PM me your phone number, Robmicgrn and I are going to be in Bismarck tomorrow night.  We were thinking about supper?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

If I'm bringing food, I'd better sign up!
I checked w/F&F about firewood.  They said it would be okay for me to bring a pile of wood for the camp fire.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Lonesome Dave
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: 6/19
DATE LEAVING: 6/22
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
Older - Wiser - Faster !

NDave

LD    I am to old to learn  this P M stuff      701 258 3421    I will do potato salad and other stuff     this could work either or both nites

greatbuffalo

Thats the first time I've been called BS'er. Oh no.... not the first..... ;D ;D ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

I guess I'll address the corporate sponsor/involvement thing as there was much discussion about such things earlier this year.

We are such a loose affiliation of riders, that no one person is the organizer. We have no officers, or board, we are all members of a group of like minded (for the most part) people who get together to some riding. Because of this loose affiliation, no one has any expectation of what the event is or should be. It is, what it is. If we start to bring "sponsors" in then there is an expectation of what the event is or should be. We have never told another organization that they can't come and give stuff, or show their stuff off, as Doug from Farklebar does, but no one is really invited to do so for those reasons stated.

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 10, 2014, 02:38:06 PM
we are all members of a group of like minded (for the most part) people who get together to some riding.

this is kind of scary....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 10, 2014, 02:38:06 PM
I guess I'll address the corporate sponsor/involvement thing as there was much discussion about such things earlier this year.

We are such a loose affiliation of riders, that no one person is the organizer. We have no officers, or board, we are all members of a group of like minded (for the most part) people who get together to some riding. Because of this loose affiliation, no one has any expectation of what the event is or should be. It is, what it is. If we start to bring "sponsors" in then there is an expectation of what the event is or should be. We have never told another organization that they can't come and give stuff, or show their stuff off, as Doug from Farklebar does, but no one is really invited to do so for those reasons stated.

I will second that opinion.   If Rice / Whoever wants to show up and show off their stuff, and/or feed us hotdogs, that's just fine, but we don't want any kind of official sponsorship.       We're just some friends that get together, shoot the shit, ride motorsickles, and drink some suds around the campfire.

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on June 10, 2014, 03:07:59 PM
I will second that opinion.   If Rice / Whoever wants to show up and show off their stuff, and/or feed us hotdogs, that's just fine, but we don't want any kind of official sponsorship.       We're just some friends that get together, shoot the shit, ride motorsickles, and drink some suds around the campfire.

Bingo!
That is what I think is so great and unique about the ddsr rallies!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Osnabrock

I'm awfully bummed that I won't be able to make it this year. 
I had to go back and count. 
It will be the first time I'll miss the June Rally in 5 years. :'( 
The first time was when a trip to Yellowstone, Teton, and Colorado turned for the worse.  On the way back from Wyoming I called a buddy in the cities to look it up online to find the details, as I had seen a post about it on ADV.  He pointed me in the right direction but I had to search "the Hills" for the Fish and Fry.  After some time, I found it, set up camp, and waited for folks to come back from, what I think, was their Friday ride.  I remember being coaxed into the really nasty parts of Pilot Knob on my KLR.  I don't think anyone rode a bike smaller than 650cc's in DDSR at the time.
I've been coming back every year since.
All first timers are guaranteed a good time and every veteran does their best to make sure they do.
Have fun all!!!
I need to stop watching the sign up thread so I don't know what I'm missing.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

Sorry to hear you won't make it Os. I think you were the first guy I met on my first rally. I got talked into some gnarly stuff that first day on my Tiger.

ryani

Finally got it confirmed.  I will be able to make it.  Should show up late Thursday afternoon.  Fingers crossed that the weather is favorable.

Can't wait to get some trail miles in.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: ryan
DATE ARRIVING: 6/19 evening
DATE LEAVING: 6/22
TENT OR RV: tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:1
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

gerry1eye

I made a RV reservation, so I think I will be riding. Doesn't sound  like son David is coming.
I need to fix the fall rally's damaged tail light or buy a new roll of duck tape. Hope the bike still runs?  I'm looking forward to riding again. Hope to see ya all soon...

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Gerry1eye
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday
DATE LEAVING: Sunday
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 24 foot
NUMBER OF TENTS:
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

The Yeti

What the heck happened? 60 riders last June and only 20 this year??

Did someone post the info on ADVRider? Did you do it last year Hank? Were you guys too rough on the boys last year??  ;)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

I did post it on ADV but I haven't babysat it much.   Maybe someone should go bump it?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk