News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Gas Gas photo thread

Started by Osnabrock, March 13, 2014, 05:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osnabrock

Wow.  A Gas Gas section.
I'll start things off with a pictures section.
Here's my '03 EC200 just after I purchased it used and freshened it up a few years ago.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

That looks super light and super fun.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I bet that is a blast in the tight stuff.    It looks good too!

I was reading some threads on the KTM300 XCW vs Beta 300RR and the Gas Gas 300 and almost universally the Gas Gas was proclaimed the best handling, although a touch heavier?   

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on March 14, 2014, 06:51:37 AM
I bet that is a blast in the tight stuff.    It looks good too!

I was reading some threads on the KTM300 XCW vs Beta 300RR and the Gas Gas 300 and almost universally the Gas Gas was proclaimed the best handling, although a touch heavier?

I've only ridden an older gas gas 300 but I thought it handled as well as my KTM and the motor was noticeably smoother..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Osnabrock

Yea, the weight thing is always on many people's minds and it's one that the Gas Gas can never compete with. 
Also, the "smoothness" seems pretty relative between riders.  I have a buddy with a newer KTM 300 and, while the power delivery on his bike is extremely smooth, the lack of hit frustrates me when I've ridden it. 
I don't view it as a fault though because there's so many ways to tune a two stroke to different riders via carb tuning and power valve tuning.  What's good for one isn't good for the other.

Fletch

It is amazing what can be done with a little tuning o. The KTM 300's a friend and I both have '09's and they feel totally different to ride. I have the yellow spring for the power valve and he uses the  red
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Osnabrock

I got a new one!! 
Well, a carry over from 2013.  It's my first new bike since my KLR.  I hope it treats me as well as that bike and my other GasGas has.

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Nice motorcycle now your ready for the trails. Every time I go in to ROSCOS I have to stop and look at the gas gas motorcycles they look awesome CONGRATULATIONS. 

Lonesome Dave

Awesome!  All you guys are making me jealous.  I  bought a new set of sprockets for the old horse.  Just not the same.  I'll bet you will have that for a long time to come.  Congrats.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

greatbuffalo

That is one very sweet machine. Looks like a world of fun. I do believe I could get very hurt on that.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?