Started by chris_king, March 21, 2014, 09:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_king

Moto Guzzi
Aprillia
Ducati
Ferrari
Lamborghini

I cant afford all those so I bought a Beta.

Here's pics

greatbuffalo

That be kinda cool. What model is it and what are the specs?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

chris_king

Thanks man it's a 300 two stoker.  The official model is 2013 Beta 300RR Race Edition.

Fletch

so, when are we going riding?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

chris_king

I just finished getting ready for the season yesterday.  Got new tires, new pipe guard, new armor and an alumunium skid plate.  I'm ready.  I rode a bit a few weeks ago on the old tires in the mud for an hour or so but since then havent ridden much since the rally. 

Saturday and Sunday both look good, you up for this weekend?  Call me 605 759-4467 we'll set it up.

Fletch

I will have to get the old 300 out of the barn and do a little maint. but that might work?

chris_king

What work do you have left?

Hank

Does the Beta have the adjustable power valve like KTM?

Its a great looking bike!

chris_king

Yes sir.  I havent played with it much though.  It's got great delivery out of the crate.

Fletch

Quote from: chris_king on March 24, 2014, 05:29:03 PM
What work do you have left?

everything, I washed it the last time I rode it and put it in the barn.

chris_king

Think it'll be ready by Saturday?  Keloland is saying 68 degrees and Sunny.

Fletch

crap, kids want to go skiing as it is the last weekend so looks like I will be playing in the snow instead.

chris_king

Osnabrock

I don't even like to ask the question, because it's one that I have to field all the time having an "exotic" bike, but how's the parts availability for the newer Betas?  I know some of the 4 strokes are KTM lumps in a Beta Chassis but how about the modern 2 strokes? 
I'm shopping........for another bike.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

chris_king

Its not a problem.  It's all Beta factory parts, they built the two stroke from the ground up.  I believe they started building 4 strokes in 2012 as well.  But to answer your question I always order online.  They have a good catalog and ordering system for the newer bikes and if I called the dealership (in Spearfish) they just order it there anyway.  And I do the work myself if possible.