News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Wheels!!

Started by greatbuffalo, May 07, 2014, 04:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Hey guys, I'm looking to source some wheels for a project I have in my head.

I'm working on a cyclekart project and I'm in search for 2 front and 2 rear wheels from one of the smaller bikes, like the Honda 110 or others. I'd like front to be of the same type and the back to be the same. A lot of builders use the Honda 110 17 inch rims, using 2 front wheels for the front axle and rear wheels for the rear axle. Check around your garages and let me know what you have. This is going to be a slow project so not in a huge hurry to collect what I need. Have even given some thought to making this a reverse trike negating the need for a 4th wheel.

The motor will be coming from Hank, an EX500. I think that would work just fine.

If I go with the reverse trike design, I would looking for frame with the swingarm attached and a wheel to go with it. The front could be gone.

Let me know what you have. Also if any of you some experience with such a project or some faximily there of, I may be needing some advice.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

http://sd.craigslist.org/mcy/4452339349.html

Probably find more then enough parts here ;D

7 motorcycles! Maybe make a couple karts..
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

I don't have anything other than the remnants of an old '72 CL100. if you can use any of that you are welcome to it.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Dr Psyko

I've got a few older kart racing frames. They're designed to accomdate briggs motors, but people have bolted many varieties of motors. Seen several snowmobile/moto engine karts. Solid rear axle though.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

greatbuffalo

Dr, could you shoot me a few picks of the gocarts you have? There may be some parts there I can used if not the whole thing.

Tanner, I'll give that guy in Highmore a call, its only a couple hours a way. Thanks for the heads ups.

Fletch, the CL had 17 front and rear or does it have a 21 in the front? Let me know whats left of it.

Thanks guys.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?