News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spark arrestor / db killer for Leo Vince

Started by Bogus Jim, May 31, 2014, 09:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

I'm looking for a spark arrestor / db killer insert for a Leo Vince SBK EVO II. Leo Vince parts are really hard to find in the U.S. since their shutdown last fall. If you have one laying around let me know what you want for it.

The same insert is used for a number of bikes I believe, though the cans are different... Tiger 800 / 1200 / 1050, CBR 1000, KTM 990 / 950, etc. Important part is the 52 mm O.D.

greatbuffalo

I'm looking for the same thing for my WR. They want like 85 buck but I'm too cheap.  :o

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

I found one on eBay in the Netherlands. Won't ship to U.S. though.   :-\

I bought a stock Tiger muffler on eBay for $90, may just run with that for a while. Leo Vince w/o baffle is just too loud on the highway, plus not really legal to ride in BHNF w/o spark arrestor.

greatbuffalo

I find a loud exhaust so fatiguing. Not sure how the cruiser guys do it.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Robmicgrn

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 01, 2014, 08:30:22 AM
I find a loud exhaust so fatiguing. Not sure how the cruiser guys do it.

Earplugs ........  :D
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

Well in between rain showers today... put on the stock pipe from eBay and went for a ride. Now it's almost too quiet. Quieter than the stock pipe on my WRR I think, that's pretty amazing. Still like to find a Leo db killer insert and try that, it might be the happy medium, but I'll stick with stock for now... no fun riding when you get a headache after 3 hours (and that's with earplugs).