News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Bike lift

Started by greatbuffalo, June 03, 2014, 11:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Hey guys
I'm thinking about getting a bike lift to add to my arsenal of tools in the shop.

The big question is............ (please don't judge me, I am a KLR owner :-\)  is the Harbor Freight lift worth the $$$ ? Read carefully...... is it worth the money? At 299 bucks its by far the cheapest on the market. At that price I should be able to improve the major issues it may have and still be ahead.

Dave - Didn't you once have one of these? Or maybe I dreamed it.

If these are a usable piece of kit, does the store in Rapid usually have them in stock?

How heavy and big are these when packaged for sale? Trying to figure out if I would be possible to strap it to the KLR with bungies. Wait a minute.. I'm not THAT stupid.
Just need to figure out how much room I need to save on the trailer or the in the van.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

My brother had one and the hydraulic seal blew out pretty quickly. He found a replacement seal kit for < $30 and after that it worked fine, maybe the seal was bad from the factory.

Vickers427

I have a "direct lift" air powered. It was a bit expensive but well worth it in my eyes. My old employer got one for me at cost think it was 530 shipped. No problems or complaints so far.  had it for 3 years now.

Vick

Robmicgrn

Just got the flyer, $299.00 for the HF bike lift this weekend at the "HUGE" parking lot sale...................... That's the lowest price Ive seen, and I think you can still use a 20% off coupon. There is a good thread on ADV Rider for the lift. Nut shell, good for the hobbyist, not for the pro or serious use.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

greatbuffalo

Not sure about the 20% off if its already a sale price. I think I'm a hobbiest, not a serious user. I've never been serious about anything, 'cept my job. ;D

I just might have to pick one up.

Bogus Jim

They had a lift on display, just got back from the HUGE parking lot sale. Forget to check if they have any boxed up but I'm sure they do if it was displayed.

Scored a 4-pack of micro-fibre cleaning towels for $2.59. SWEET!   ;D

greatbuffalo

What did they have for a price at the parking lot sale?

Robmicgrn

It was advertised at 299. I am fairly certain u can still use 20 % off if you have a coupon.

Bogus Jim

I didn't see the ad, the store had it marked at $299 though.

Bogus Jim

If you can get it at $299 minus 20% I think you'd be paying about 80 cents per pound. Buy now Dan.

Robmicgrn

HF ads and coupons often defy logic. You need to be a smart shopper at HF. The difference between quality, value and just plain junk needs to be considered with each and every purchase. That said, they have a lot of good shit,  :o
cheap.......

Lonesome Dave

Dan found this CL this morning.......

http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mpo/4513132213.html
Older - Wiser - Faster !