News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by Hank, July 25, 2014, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weestrom

Wyoming and I'm picking that SOB up Sunday!
If any body knows about trials bikes...(I'm a total NOOB). I'm planning to give 1500 for this:

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/mcy/4633503109.html

Let me know if I'm over paying/buying to small a bike. I just want  learn the basics play on my land then upgrade or sell depending on if I like it or not. Plus I think it would be fun to take camping and on road trips etc. Edit: I know its a little over book but it is hard to find a decent

Bcb 1080 your right it definitely is small.  We rode larger trials and they still feel small.  The power of trials is not intimidating.   I sold a beta and ssherco.  290s for 2200 each.  Check colorado or minnesota.  I would just ask the owner he has multiple trials bikes in the picture.  We have a gas gas dealer in rapid.  I would suggest bigger then 125 unless you weigh 125lol chcheck this one out and he has a cool two stroke looks mint
http://sd.craigslist.org/mcy/4650244305.html

revmaaatin

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 10, 2014, 02:11:18 PM
Well put Gerry!  Who's dumb idea was this to have the fall rally a week earlier anyway?  I'm also bring extra extension cords and heaters, plus I have lots of firewood.  And, I'm bringing my chainsaw to go find some "pitch pine" to burn.  (It burns a lot hotter)

Its anybody's guess what Friday morning will bring, but I'm betting there won't be any riding before noon.  I talked with both NDave and Hank and we all agree, change the supper to Saturday night and probably do the planned rides on Saturday.  I thought maybe Friday afternoon we could at least ride gravel, without dust, maybe make our way over to "Red Bird Canyon" and then to Summit Ridge and back.  Or similar.

Yikes!
What happened to summer!
This morning it is 27F but clear skies.
My bed is still warm and toasty; not so sure about camping tonight!

Armand arrived Tuesday and we still managed 35 miles of Red Cut and Galena/Bear Den Mt.  The 'red' Gumbo was nearly impassable and required 'dabbing the foot' and a couple of stalled attempts prior to reaching the top.

We rode 120 miles on Wednesday beginning with the gravel across FT Meade to Bull Dog Canyon, Rumkle Rd, Bethleham Rd, Piedmont Tail, to an interior 8xxx trail back into the Dawson Lake Rd, out to Vanocker Canyon.  Eventually, we made our way by Gravel and asphalt to Silver City in the Fog, but the gravel was dry and we bombed along South, eventually joining the Mystic Rd going N...then the heavens opened up at 430 and we got a good dose of South Dakota mugly wx from Rocheford to Deadwood to Sturgis.

We are going on the plan that riding might start at 12 in Deerfield lake...joining you by KLR650 if the frost clears by 10 in Sturgis.
Otherwise we will be there ~9 for the departure on Saturday.
revmaaatin.

David

My dad is still trying to get stuff ready to head toward Deerfield, but I did a quick ride around Custer and it wasn't too bad out.

Here is a short video of the conditions: