News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall Rally 2014

Started by Lonesome Dave, July 20, 2014, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

For those who don't want to tent it, Lonesome Dave found another cabin today... close to Mountain Meadows, four bunk beds, great air conditioning, and... running water. Oh yeah, and a really nice view out the back door.

Send him a PM if you're interested.

Lonesome Dave

Jim's right, we found a nice place today.  No reservations, but cheap.  Parking lot is a short distance away, and two very narrow bridges.  Almost forgot, the place is called "Miner's Hotel."  I think the Hotel and "Flanagan's Cabin" which is near by ought to be on our to do list for the fall rally.  Also found some neat trails nearby.  In fact, our group already likes riding in this area and has zipped by here several times. 

View from the back deck

The back door

Sleeping accommodations.  Only room for 4 unless you sleep on the floor.  Some beds have bed springs.

Front Door
Older - Wiser - Faster !

mitchn06

That looks... Interesting.
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

Hank

Does it have WiFi?

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Lonesome Dave

No, but it does have a rat, marmot, or rock chuck living there.  At least that's what we were told!  We didn't see him.  But, Jim thinks he saw old man Flanagan driving his pickup back to the cabin.  You'll have to ask him.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Thats pretty cool. The things one finds hidden in the hills.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

weestrom

Hello dual sport group
I will be working till 11 Friday and I would like to MEET the group on the trail.  Is there any chance the group will be taking lunch somewhere i can catch them in the hills.  I know Lonsome Dave is working on a route.  Please let me know.  I would like to ride friday afternoon with the group.

Lonesome Dave

Kyle (weestrom) give me a call tonight about Friday, I think we're going to have to adjust plans a little depending on what the weather does this week anyway.  And, I want to hear about Saturday's poker run.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

plumber mike

Quote from: greatbuffalo on July 29, 2014, 11:53:36 PM
Mitch, its been discussed at length before and the general consensus is that we like flying under the radar. This group is just a bunch of friends and acquaintances that get together a couple of times a year to have fun and ride bikes. That's all we are. If we were plaster the name all over and accept sponsor $$ we would then get folks coming with some expectations as well as those folks putting up the cash for the sponsorship. The group is what it is: No expectations, No disappointments.

This is why I miss riding with you guys! Nice post.

Plus with you guys I don't have to wear a leather vest with patches all over it.......maybe a textile one however. We can pick colors around the campfire :o

LonesomeDave- I need to call you 1800GOTTHISTLE

greatbuffalo

Another amazing weekend. Not necessarily the best weather but we all made the most out of it and had a blast. Thank you all for making it a great time. I didn't get a final count but I think we had about 30 riders.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Yes , this was another awesome get together.    Great riding, despite some mud, and great company as always.   Thanks to everyone for the food, planning, and everything else that makes it a success!!

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on September 15, 2014, 11:30:18 AM
Yes , this was another awesome get together.    Great riding, despite some mud, and great company as always.   Thanks to everyone for the food, planning, and everything else that makes it a success!!

+1

Was a great weekend.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

mitchn06

Enough jibber jabber and show me some pics! Haha
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

ORedenbacher

Photos beginning the afternoon of 9/11/14.  There was a lot of free time while the snow was around...thus several snow photos despite the snow melting quickly on 9/12.  Great seeing everyone again & catching up on stories.  Can't beat escaping to the Hills and enjoying some vacation time.  No schedules, no demands, no worries.   

dium_zps5b93f16e.jpg.html][/URL]

Thank you to all who helped put another rally together.  Very appreciated!

Osnabrock

I wish I could have been there.  I love the photos.  I've grown to love the changing weather of the seasons.  It looks like you capitilized on some good riding.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."