News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by Hank, July 25, 2014, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchn06

Bad news gentlemen. Went to the doc this weekend got a MRI and found out I have a herniated disc in my lower back causing sciatica and much discomfort in all positions but laying down. Once again, I will probably miss the rally. I'm very upset about this, I know it's still 3 weeks out, but I'm not sure my wife would allow it even if I did feel better. Bike is parked for now. I see a  doc tomorrow that will hopefully give me good news.
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

revmaaatin

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:   revmaaatin and Armando
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  2 
DATE ARRIVING:  Thurs 11th
DATE LEAVING:   Sun  14th
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:  19'
NUMBER OF TENTS:  0 

Bogus Jim

Quote from: NDave on August 15, 2014, 06:00:48 PM
    Dave you got a idea which day would be a long ride?

Bret will you need 2 or 3 Cheladas?        1  Corona for  Bogus

Lonesome Dave was thinking Friday for a long ride? Custer Loop is just too long for a group I think, so he was going to maybe do a loop we did at 2012 fall rally. 90-100 miles. There was a certain hill climb where a 1150 GSA made it but a KLR didn't. Must've been embarrassing for the KLR rider but I'm not naming names.  ;D

If you're bringing beer just for me I guess I"m committed now.

greatbuffalo

Sorry to hear that Mitch. Riding with pain is something that sucks. I live chronic pain every day of my life. I hurt, on the bike, I hurt off the bike, I hurt laying down, I hurt standing up............ Some days I just have to make the decision to not even ride.

If I'm gonna be in pain, I'd rather be in pain on a bike. I've just tried to find alternatives; bike set-up, slowing down, limiting fatigue as well as other things I can think of to change.

That being said, visit with your doctor and find out the answer to the crucial question, am i going to do more appreciable damage by riding? When you get the answer to that question its time to work on ways to address the changes you can make.

Hope all works out and that we see you in a few weeks. You could even catch a ride from Mitchell out if that would assist you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

mitchn06

Hey GB, thanks. I'm most certain that I will not make it. Got the word today that I will have to have surgery to remove the herniated part of the disk. At age 26, this sucks. I'm sorry to hear about your chronic pain. I sure hope it isn't as bad as mine currently. That would be no way to live. 

greatbuffalo

Bummer man, hope you get some relief.

grubbie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Rob/Grubbie
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 11th
DATE LEAVING: 14th
TENT OR RV: rv
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

woodsrider 53 RCSD

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: WOODSRIDER 53
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  1 POSSIBLY 2
DATE ARRIVING: SEPT. 11
DATE LEAVING:            14
TENT OR RV:   TENT
SIZE OF RV:    000
NUMBER OF TENTS:  1

Lonesome Dave

Just to make this clear.  Hank sent me a text today about a post on our "Facebook Page."  The "poster" or "tweeter", whatever you call them, said they had heard a rumor that Mountain Meadows was closing for the year on Sept. 1st.  I called and found out that the people managing it right now are quitting/leaving on the 1st.  The owners will have someone handling the day to day business until new manager/s are hired.

So just in case you hear or read more, that's the inside scoop.  No worries, just hope they can cook!  LD

I forgot, Hank or someone, please post a comment on the Facebook page.  Thanks
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I didn't see that post. I may have missed it or it was deleted before I could. I'll post something there.

Wacked

Wacked here.....

Anyone heading back thru Souix Falls Sunday afternoon (9/14)?  I might like to bum a ride to catch up w/family

Robmicgrn

I should make it, but it could change.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: robmicgrn
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: 9/11
DATE LEAVING: 9/14
TENT OR RV: Toyhauler
SIZE OF RV: 30'
NUMBER OF TENTS:

I fueled up at this place yesterday whilst riding around. Beware, 91 octane was/is $5.44 gallon! Next closest fuel, with real world prices is Hill City, 20 miles.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

greatbuffalo

Whacked, I can get you to Mitchell. And if you talk sweetly, I may be able to get you to SF somehow. You could take one of my bikes or something like that.

mitchn06

The report is in. Surgery on my herniated disc this Thursday. 6 weeks recovery and 3 months no motorcycle. So hopefully we have a weak winter so I can get some Nov/Dec riding in. Haha. Doubt it. Wow. What a crappy way to end the riding season. I should be thankful though, I got some great riding in early spring, rode all summer, ran the trans SD, and I'm still alive. You guys all have fun west river. I'll be thinking of you all and look forward to the spring rally!

greatbuffalo

Sorry to hear that Mitch. I've been in the same situation, it just sucks, then its time to move on an make up for lost time.

That being said, there's been a bit of talk between me a couple of others that at spring rally time doing the TSDT and the Northern part of the DAKAL, the part Hipster and I didn't get to this past spring. Stay tuned.